21. KOOKIES

Author's Pov:

Reaching home with their fingers intertwined and smile on their faces, Jungkook opened the door using the keys as they both entered.

"Honeybun!", Jihoon's voice echoed making Ha-Yoon giggle as she knelt down to accept the hug which was coming in her way.

"You left early that day, Honeybun. I thought of having dinner with you", Jihoon said snuggling his nose on her neck.

"I'm sorry, baby... We can have dessert now if you want to, alright?", She pinched her cheeks gently as his eyes disappeared into a smile when he nodded happily.

Ha-Yoon looked up to see Ms. Oh giving her a smile as she took her bag with her. She stood up and made her way towards her. "Hello, aunt", She greeted as the woman hugged her.

"Ha-Yoon... Yesterday your aunt told to your uncle that you were talking back to her", Ha-Yoon's blood ran cold as her smile disappeared. "Did he ask you about it?", She shook her head as Jungkook looked at her with confusion written on his face.

"N-no, He didn't", She whispered back. "He wasn't home when I went", She said.

"Today he might come after you. Be careful. Do you want to spend the night here?", Ms. Oh asked as she broke the hug and caressed her face.

"No, aunty. I'll be fine. I can't keep on running away from him... I... I guess today I need to face him", She smiled as her eyes didn't reflect her actions.

"Take care... just... Just call me or Jungkook if he harms you, alright?", Ha-Yoon nodded as Ms. Oh kissed her forehead and went towards Jungkook.

Ha-Yoon's uncle never hit her but his rage was no joke. There was a time when he threw a plate towards her aunt when she didn't listen to what he said. Ever since Ha-Yoon was small, she was brought up with care and love from her parents and that resulted in her being so sensitive. Even a small raised invoice can make her get scared to the point her hands start to shake as if it was a fish that was taken out from the water.

"You alright?", Jungkook placed his palm on her shoulder.

"Yeah... I am", Even though he doesn't know what exactly his mom said, he was curious but didn't ask for more.

"Honeybun", Jihoon called. "Yes, baby", Ha-Yoon quickly smiled to pull up a fake facade to not worry the little bundle of joy.

"Can we make those cookies again?... You said that the batter is still there inside the fridge. Can we?... please?", Jihoon asked making her giggle at his cuteness with his nose scrunched and his lips pouted out.

"Give me a kiss and I'll make it right now", Jihoon quickly pulled her down by her neck and showered her face with cute pecks making her close her eyes and giggle more. "Okay, Honeybun... I'll go to the kitchen and you come fast", Ha-Yoon nodded.

"I know I shouldn't be jealous of that little flirt but I am", Jungkook said as he quickly left a tight peck on her lips that ended with a 'tch' sound and left towards the kitchen.

Her face was glowing and blush was visible on her cheeks because of the shock. Biting her lips to suppress her smile, Ha-Yoon made her way towards the kitchen.

Even if it takes months and if Jungkook does things suddenly, will always make take her off guard. He made her feel things she can never have a name of.

"You didn't sleep since you came from the school today, did you?", She asked as she tied her long hair up into a ponytail.

"No, I didn't. I wanted to look at you first and spend some time with you, Honeybun", He smiled. Jihoon looked at the way she mixed the batter with his legs dangling. A small habit of his.