12. BELIEVE IN LOVE

Author's Pov:

"You whip it with all your energy until it looks like this", Ha-Yoon showed Jihoon the batter for the cookies she was about to make with a little help from the angel beside her.

"Can I taste it, Honeybun?", He asked and she took out a little paste into her finger and made him lick it. His facial expression turned into a happy one as soon as it melted in his tongue. "It tastes too delicious... Can I have some in a bowl and enjoy it?".

"That will hurt your tummy so let's just let it get baked and I will give you a few extra cookies", Ha-Yoon said. "Can you pass me the chocolate chips and walnuts from there, baby?", Jihoon carefully reached the counter and took the said things before taking his steps back towards her.

"I want to blend this with you. Can I?", He asked and she nodded with a smile before picking him up from the medium size chair and making him sit on the counter. Letting him hold the blender, she placed her hand on top of his. Not forgetting to mix the ingredients, she switched on the blender and they both looked at the thick paste blending well. "It looks more delicious now, Honeybun. I feel hungry".

"Oh, baby... You need to wait for another half an hour approximately to let it get baked and cool down first", She said. "Do you want to eat custard apple until you wait?".

"Yes!... But only half because I still want to eat cookies", Ha-Yoon nodded and stopped the blender before making Jihoon sit properly on the counter.

"Alright... Let me just keep it in the oven, okay?", Jihoon nodded happily and Ha-Yoon made the desired shape from the batter and placed it neatly on a tray and placed it in the oven.

On the way to Jihoon, she took a custard apple along with a bowl and sat on top of the kitchen counter beside the little angel. It has been ages since she ate her favorite fruit of all time but then again, the season has only started now. 

"This became my favorite fruit when you made me eat it last week, honey bun", Jihoon said.

"Really?... You haven't tasted it before?", She asked, parting the custard apple into two and taking one carpel out, and handed over to Jihoon after removing the seed. He ate the mushy part in less than a few seconds and answered her question.

"Mom made me eat it a few months before and they were really so sour and bitter that I had to throw it away", His eyes grew big and his lips naturally pouted with each word as if he was expressing it by feeling the said tastes again.

"Oh no... That's bad. Maybe I guess they weren't the season ones. How does this one taste?", She plopped another one in his mouth and it got deliciously melted in his mouth.

"This tastes so sweet... I love it!", Ha-Yoon plopped one in her mouth too as they both sat with their legs dangling.

"Custard Apples are the fruit which could be so sweet when it is eaten at the right time but when you eat it without the season, sometimes the fruit won't be sweet and you won't be able to eat it again", Jihoon nodded and opened his mouth wide, indicating Her to place the mushy cream carpel inside.

The voice of the door opening echoed and in came a man who looked hotter than the oven. Black wet locks that appeared to be thick were falling freely on his forehead and his mask covered the beautiful cushions she always sneaked at. He removed his black jacket along with the black mask and made his way toward the kitchen.

"Hello", He said taking out a bottle of cold water from the fridge and gulping it all down in one go as if he was thirsty.

"Hey... You are early today", Ha-Yoon said and that's when he looked at her to only gulp hard and part his lips. He couldn't believe that a small clumsiness can make him feel so hot in just a few seconds of drinking cold water.