☠ Chapter - 24 ☠

Song: Way Down We Go - KALEO

Jaine

       I stumbled out of the house not knowing where I was going. My mind could register the sound of snow beneath my feet as I walked but other than that it was completely numb.

I kept walking to god knows where because I couldn't care less about anything at that moment.

The only thing which my world revolved around wanted me gone from his life.

Who cares if the stalker has me now? Because my 'life' had been ripped away from me just seconds ago and it wasn't even the stalker's fault.

It was mine.

I stopped after walking mindlessly for what could have been hours and looked around for the first time at my surroundings.

I was at what looked like to be an abandoned park to which I had never been to before in my life.

I sat down feeling exhausted all of a sudden.

The harsh winter air bit at my stinging cheek and I felt breathless after walking for so long.

I leaned my head against the bench and closed my eyes feeling sleep invade all of my senses.

Just as I was about to give in I heard the snow crunch behind me and all of the senses in my body became alert again.

"I take it you want to be with me too then, love?" A familiar voice taunted.

Goose bumps erupted over my entire body when I realised that he was standing right behind me.

I stayed silent in shock which he interrupted "I saw everything. I knew your husband was a piece of shit. My heart hurt seeing you cry for him."

I stood up slowly and turned around to face him.

I was greeted with a sight I fully expected to see. Black clothes with a black mask hiding his whole face which I desperately wanted to see now and even his eyes looked black because of the dark.

"Don't try to blame me for it, love" He continued as he leaned his hands on the bench "I just merely showed you your 'husbands' true colours. He just didn't love you enough to be with you when you needed him the most."

I saw his face moving to look towards my blood dried cheek and he sighed "And I hate it when you get hurt. You know you gave me a heart attack when you tumbled down the stairs and not to mention the time when you reopened your stitches but thank god for that bastard who saved you even though I loathe that man."

He was talking about Ethan while I just stared at his oddly chatty self.

I knew he was here to take me with him.

The timing, the place, everything was perfect.

But my mind just couldn't come up with anything to outsmart him.

I knew I was going to be his captive today.

But I was not going to back down without trying.

"So" He suddenly stood straighter making me jump "Are we going to cooperate or you want me to force you?"

I stayed silent.

"Come on, love" He started walking towards me and I started walking backwards "I hate manhandling you because it always results in you getting hurt because of me and I hate to be the reason of your miseries."

"How ironic" I spat.

"Come here, Jaine."

"Never" I screamed as I turned to run away from him.

I had taken exactly five steps before I was flung up in his arms from behind. I put all of my strength in elbowing his face and it met his chin, making his hold loosen on me for a second.

I used that to my advantage and stomped on his left foot hard making him stumble backward and his hands completely let go of my waist.

I ran away again only to be tackled down hard this time on the snow covered ground, my breath getting knocked out because of his weight on me.

I could feel a shooting pain in my left ankle.

Fucking bastard broke it.

"All of your attempts are going to be futile, love" I heard him say in what seemed to be a sympathetic voice.

He got off of me and tried to make me stand before his eyes went to my broken foot and he winced.

"Now that looks painful. That's what happens when you don't listen to me. However, I do acknowledge it's because of me and we are going to fix it once we reach home."

He tried to pick me up but I started struggling immediately.

"Stop struggling before you hurt yourself again" He chided.

As if he fucking cares what happens with me. He is the reason why I'm here in the first place.

I didn't stop struggling.

"Jaine" He growled "My patience is wearing thin now."

"I do not wish to hurt you but you aren't leaving me with any other option" He warned.

I stilled as suddenly the panic sat in that I had a broken ankle and I can't outrun him today, no matter what I do.

I could feel my asthma attack coming back with a vengeance and my body became rigid.

He took this chance to pick me up and started walking which made my panic skyrocket and I started wheezing for oxygen.

I felt him running and place me in a car. My chest burned for air and I started seeing black spots everywhere.

I suddenly felt hands on my cheeks and an asthma pump on my lips.

He was trying to help me.

He thrusted the inhaler inside my mouth and pressed on it twice.

The black dots were soon replaced by dizziness.

"You.... you died" I rasped out seeing his unmasked face for the first time, before losing consciousness altogether.

A/N: Just finished writing this in almost two hours. You guys are going to get introduced to the Stalker in the next chapter. 😌

Thank you for reading!