☠️ Chapter - 5 ☠️

Song: Starving - Hailee Steinfeld, Grey ft. Zedd

Jaine

            Me & Walden stared at the tv screen shocked. The man who saved me has went missing. I saw him just yesterday and he's gone!

"Reports say that Mr. Black didn't reach home last night. Police found out that he got involved in some brawl in a diner last night. Eye witnesses say that he beat up a man very badly when he tried to sexually assault a waitress. A man named Jack Swartz was found guilty who is in jail right now. Police is suspecting he's kidnapped by the psychopath who kills people for fun."

The reporter read out the news and I felt my hands getting cold because of fear. Fear for Cade Black. That man was my saviour yesterday. I prayed to god that he comes back unharmed. I was also thankful that my name didn't come out in the media reports.

"According to the latest reports, the guilty Jack Swartz has escaped prison! We wonder what the police was doing when he was initiating his plan and succeeded in it."

I felt my blood run cold when I heard that. Walden took one look at my panicked face and made me sit down immediately. He quickly wrapped his arms around me trying to comfort me.

"Don't worry Jaine, I'll go to the police station immediately and see to it. He won't come to harm you. I'll take care of it" he said trying to calm my raging thoughts.

Jack escaped. Will he come back to me to take revenge? He got sent to jail because of me.

Suddenly, I spoke alarmed "Walden, what if Jack is the one who kidnapped Cade somehow? Because he beat him pretty badly. What if his escape is connected to Cade's missing?"

"Jaine, he can't get to Cade in such short time. The police arrested him and took him to jail. By that time, Cade should have reached home which he didn't" he furrowed his brows.

"But he stopped in the cafe to drink some coffee after police took Jack with them and we don't know when he did escape. I can't help but think that it's connected" I said anxiously.

"Are you okay to come to the police station with me?" He asked, worry shining clear in his eyes.

"Yes, I think I would be fine" I said.

"Alright then, let's go" he said as he got up to get changed and I followed him.

Just as we were about to leave the doorbell rang.

Walden opened the door and saw a man in uniform. He had come here to fix the glass window and it means we can't go now. He followed Walden upstairs and I decided I should just go alone.

Walden came back downstairs. "I think I should go by myself" I said to him.

"No Jaine, it's just going to take an hour or two. We could wait till then-" he was cut off by the worker coming downstairs "Sir, this is going to take time since we need to buy a new tempered glass for it" he said and I looked at Walden.

"How much time is it going to take?" Wald asked.

"I would have to go and buy it and then get it cut and then I would have to fix it here. It is going to take four-five hours in total" he said looking around the room.

"Okay, you can go and buy it and I would wait here for you" Walden sighed.

"This means I can go, right? I can't wait till afternoon, Wald" I said anxiously.

"Fine" he sighed feeling irritated. I knew he was feeling irritated because he couldn't accompany me to the police station and he felt remorseful because he wasn't there for me yesterday. "Take the car" he handed his keys to me and I nodded.

"It's okay, Wald. I'll be fine" I said pecking his cheek and walking out.

I drove his car to the police station and after fifteen minutes, I was there.

"Excuse me, I'm here to know details about a case. Jack Swartz and Cade Black's case to be specific. Could you please tell me whom to consult here?" I asked a young lady sitting in what looked like to be a mini office.

"I'm sorry but we don't just disclose our information to anyone. Are you related to the case in any way?" She asked me politely.

"Yes, I'm the victim of the case..." I felt embarrassed to tell her that I was the one who was sexually assaulted yesterday.

"The waitress for whom Cade Black had the fist fight for?" She asked blatantly and I just nodded my head in response.

"Alright, I'll ask the officer in charge of the case to meet you" she said and left and I stood there waiting for her to return.

She returned with a police officer I had seen yesterday in the diner. "Mrs. Austen, I'm glad you came here. We couldn't ask you questions last night since you weren't in a great condition.." the officer said as he shook my hand.

"I'm officer James Elroy, and I'm the in-charge of this case. Mr. Black insisted to not ask you any kind of questions yesterday and I was just going to give you a call today. If you could just follow me into my office" he said as he started to walk in the opposite direction and I followed him without a word.

When I entered in his office I saw another man sitting there but he looked to be around my age.

"This is detective Arthur Smith. He's helping us in finding the whereabouts of Mr. Black" James introduced the man with Blonde hair and green eyes.

The man stood up and shook my hand "Nice to meet you Ms..." he trailed off.

"Mrs. Austen. Jaine Austen. Nice to meet you too" I smiled politely and he looked at me embarrassed.

That happened a lot with me. People don't expect you to be married in your early twenties.

"Shall we get to the case now?" James coughed and we sat down. I need answers now.

A/N: Happy Republic Day to all fellow Indians out there! :)

What do you think of this story?

Who do you think kidnapped Cade? Or has he just gone to his business trip and no one knows?

Lol

Comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote if you like this story!

Until next time ~

Sonali