☠️ Chapter - 2 ☠️

Song: Rain Over Me - Pitbull ft. Marc Anthony

Jaine

           I prepared dinner while the news played in the background on the television. They were telling about a bloody murder which took place at night in an alleyway which is not very far away from here.

How could people even think of hurting others for their own good? Heck some psychos do it for fun. What do they even get out of taking someone's life?

I feel sympathetic with the victim's family who was just a twenty-six year old man.

I heard the front door opening and sound of footsteps approaching. Walden must be home. Just as I was about to go out of the kitchen, the power went out and I was left in complete darkness.

This never happened here. Power rarely went out in our city. Maybe the snowfall has to do something with it.

"Walden!" I called out for him and got no reply.

I looked for my phone in the pockets and didn't find it there. Damn it! I must have left it on charging in our room.

"Wald, are you there?" I yelled and again got no reply. There were no sounds of footsteps either but I did hear someone entering!

Goosebumps formed on my whole body as I started thinking about the possible psycho entering our home and me being their fresh prey.

I slowly started walking towards the living room, my arms open wide touching the walls so that I don't fall on my way there. When I reached the living room there was no one to be found.

It was pitch black and heck even if there were someone, I would not be able to see them.

I stood there in complete darkness for a minute thinking what to do next when there was possibly someone else in the house who wasn't my husband.

I took one step back and came in contact with someone's body and I stiffened.

"Found you" a deep voice whispered and I screamed. The person tightly wrapped their hands around me so that I'm not able to escape.

"Calm down love, it's me. I was just messing with you" came Wald's voice and I relaxed against his hold.

"You scared me!" I said, scared out of my mind.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart" I felt him kissing the back of my head. "Where is your phone?" I asked him. "It's dead. I think we should-"

The power came back.

"Never mind, it came on" he said as he turned me around. I chuckled when I saw his hair covered in snow. I ruffled his dark brown locks and the snow fell on his coat.

"Were you playing in the snow or something?" I asked.

"Just as I came home the power went out so I went outside to see what was wrong and while checking the electrical panel I got covered with snow. The strange thing is it was turned off."

"You mean someone turned the switch off knowingly?" I asked him confused.

"Yeah, maybe our neighbour's cat has started messing with that too" he chuckled.

Our neighbour has a fat cat who likes to rip out everything we leave in our front yard.

"Yeah, it could be him" I said as I walked back to the kitchen to finish preparing the dinner. "Go take a warm shower or you are going to catch cold" I yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes mam" I heard him mocking me and sound of him climbing the stairs.

I chuckled and served our food in two plates. After eating dinner we settled on the couch with me doing my assignment and him watching TV.

Two hours later I was exhausted but fortunately I had finished it since it was due tomorrow. I settled my head in Walden's lap and stuffed my face in his stomach closing my eyes.

He turned my head to face him and placed his lips on mine. I fisted my hands in his hair and he cupped my jaw. He moved his lips against mine and bit my lip. I whined and I felt him smiling against my lips. He pulled away and said "Let's get you to bed. A lot of Education is taking a toll on you."

Suddenly, we heard glass breaking  and we both shot up from the couch and ran upstairs towards our room. The glass window was broken with a stone and chilly air was flowing inside.

"Who would even think of doing that?!" I heard Walden inspecting the broken window looking angry and confused.

"I have no idea" I whispered feeling shocked. "Shouldn't we call the police?"

He sighed "It's of no use. I don't think they would be able to make it here at this time with two inch of snow covering the path. I would get it done tomorrow. We would have to sleep in the next room or we would freeze in here."

He went out of the room and I looked outside the broken glass window. Suddenly, I noticed a silhouette of a man leaning against a nearby tree and his face was angled right in my direction. He was looking at me.

Even though it was night, I could see the brooch on his coat twinkling under the light coming from our neighbour's house.

My eyes widened and I ran out of the room to find Walden.

I found him downstairs typing something on his phone. "Walden there's someone standing outside staring at our window" I rushed out quickly.

"Calm down, love.Let me check" he said as he kept the phone on the coffee table and went upstairs to check. After a few minutes he came back downstairs.

"There is no one there, you must have imagin-" he started saying but I cut him off.

"But, I saw his brooch twinkling on his coat when was leaning on the tree-"

"Why would someone lean on a tree and not run away after breaking our glass?" He cut me off raising his brows.

"I don't know but I did see someone" I argued.

He sighed "Alright, I will go and check."

I followed him outside after putting my coat on. There was no one there. Not a single soul.

"Look there's no one here" he continued "let's get back inside."

"Okay" I said defeated feeling upset.

I swear I saw someone leaning against the tree.