☠ Chapter - 18 ☠

Song: Waterflow - Klyne

Jaine

"But how do we get Walden to sign the divorce papers?" I asked, frustrated.

"You will have to lie to him seeing that you don't want him to find out" said Arthur, scratching his head.

Officer Elroy kept his gaze glued to the divorce papers.

It has been three days since I got those divorce papers and now Arthur had finally came up with a plan.

Walden was upstairs, sleeping.

"I would make him sign them saying that they are his insurance papers or I'd come up with something else. This needs to be done" I said, determined.

My husband knew nothing about the phone call, the note or even the divorce papers.

Our plan was to get him to sign them. Once that is done, I would let Arthur sign in my place. After all, if it's not my own original signature, the divorce would be null.

Of course, the stalker doesn't knows what my original signature looks like. He would buy it.

The stalker would want to check the divorce papers and for that to happen he'd want those papers back. That's what we all are waiting for.

I climbed upstairs, determined to get my husband's signature.

I creaked the door open and saw that he had woken up.

"How do you feel? Do you need something?" I asked, as I sat beside him on our bed.

"My arm feels sore other than that, I'm good" he tried to smile at me.

"I need you to sign these" I continued with a small smile "It covers your hospital and rehabilitation fees."

He looked at me confused "I didn't know they needed the victim to sign it."

"Yeah but, apparently they do."

"Alright, let me read them first."

"You don't need to read them, Wald. I already did that for you" I laughed nervously.

He stared at me "I know but I have literally nothing to do. Might as well just read them to pass the time."

I stood up quickly and he looked at me puzzled for a moment "Is something bothering you, love?"

"No" I answered quickly.

He didn't look convinced "You have been acting strange, Jaine. You would tell me if something's bothering you, right?"

I sighed, thinking that I would have to subtly change the topic somehow. I sat down next to him and entwined our fingers "I am just worried about you and the stalker. What if something like this happens again? I.... I'm frustrated and scared at the same time."

His placed his good hand on my cheek "We will be fine, we will go through this together."

I leaned in and pressed my lips to his. He responded immediately and kissed me back passionately.

A cough broke us apart and my cheeks flamed red in embarrassment.

Walden smiled at me and I turned around to see Detective Arthur standing at the door, looking like a tomato.

"I just err.. wanted to talk to you about something" he rushed out and walked away.

"Wald, sign these please. I have to go and give them back you know" I pleaded and he signed the papers without even trying to read a word.

"Thanks" I kissed his cheek "I will bring your lunch here and no you aren't allowed to leave this room."

I heard him sigh as I left the room.

James wasn't anywhere to be seen and Arthur looked tense.

"I just found this note in your window outside" he continued "I checked the footage and a man covered in all black tucked it here at about two in the morning when both of the guards outside the door went to patrol around the area."

He handed it to me and I read it

I hope you have done what I asked you to, love. I need to see those papers. I will see you tonight. Tell your buddies with blue costumes not to interfere and mind their own bussiness.
With Love
-V.M.

He had also left an address I needed to visit. It was someone's home address.

"No way am I going inside a stranger's house and that too at night" I said, shivering with fear.

Arthur's phone rang and he went outside to answer it.

That psycho wants me to be his, officially and legally. I cursed my fate a thousand times.

"Jaine" He said as he came back inside "There's going to be a party tonight at that house. It's organised by one of the guy who goes to your college."

"Oh god" I muttered and sat down on the sofa with my head held in between my hands.

"What am I going to do?" I whispered as I looked up to meet his eyes.

He smiled sympathetically "You will have to go but we will always be close to you, not too close to be seen though. I have requested James to send young police officers in casual attires to be there at the party so that they can mix well with the crowd."

"Alright" I sighed.

How would I explain my absence at college if I bump into a familiar face? I'm sure Calvin and Wendy would be there and if Calvin's there, that means Ethan would be there too.

Few hours later, I'm standing outside my house, wringing my fingers due to nervousness.

Walden was sleeping due to his medicines and I had left him a note saying I'm needed at the police station to complete some remaining formalities, in case he wakes up.

I nodded at the guards outside the door and made my way to my husband's car.

I started the car and started driving. Arthur told me that there are going to be four young officers in the party who apparently know what I look like so they would keep an eye on me and the stalker.

He is going to be there too but with a get up since the stalker probably knows what he looks like.

I stopped the car when the house blaring with music came into my view.

My anxiety levels peaked as I stepped out of the car. I took a deep breath snd tried to relax.

I tucked the divorce papers inside my jacket and folded my arms on my chest so that they don't fall down.

The whole house reeked of alcohol and cigarettes which made me feel very uneasy and the fact that I have asthama didn't help either.

The living room was full of people dancing wildly and I noticed Wendy was in that crowd too.

I ducked my head down and moved to the kitchen which wasn't a great idea either since I spotted Calvin and Ethan chatting, a glass of beer each in their hands.

I quickly turned around and made my way back to the living room. Not knowing what to do, I leaned against the wall in a corner keeping my head down.

A guy with black hair wearing large black glasses came and stood beside me.

"He is not here."

I snapped my head up and looked into familiar green eyes.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

"Yes" He smirked.