☠️ Chapter - 9 ☠️

Song: Quit Playing Games With My Heart - Backstreet Boys

Jaine

Me and Walden sat quiet inside the car, our eyes not wavering from the rear view mirror. The stalker didn't know that we were watching him. "Wald" I whispered, making him snap his head in my direction "I think we should inform the police before he flees."

He nodded and messaged officer Elroy. "We should get out of the car now acting oblivious" he whispered to me "Otherwise he would know and he would get away."

I nodded and got out of the car with him following my move. I stood in front of the car, trying to think of a way to stall here outside because no one in their right mind would want to be out in this weather.

I walked to Walden's side to see him doing something on his phone. He was trying his best to stall outside too.

Just then he put his phone in his pocket and looked at me. He pushed me to the side of the car and I gave him a questioning look to which he just nodded at me. I got what he meant, we were going to give my stalker a show.

It was the only best way to stall outside and keep an eye on him discreetly so that he doesn't runs away until the police arrives.

He lowered his face to mine and kissed me. I pulled him closer and placed my hands on his neck. I kissed him back passionately until we heard the police sirens. Both of us broke our kiss abruptly and snapped our heads in the stalker's direction to see him running away.

He heard the police sirens.

Seeing the stalker running away, Walden took off after him shouting "Get inside the house Jaine! I'll get him!"

I stood outside for a few seconds trying to process what just happened and then I rushed inside the house. I paced inside our bedroom fearing Walden's well being. I don't want him to get hurt in this. Especially, when I'm the reason why this is happening.

Suddenly, the house power went off and I jumped.

That fat cat just can't keep his nails off our power system. I took out my phone out of my pocket and turned its flashlight on.

I slowly climbed down the stairs and reached the living room. Just as I opened the front door I heard a thump inside which came from our bedroom upstairs and I stilled.

Someone is inside our bedroom.

I ran outside and the first thing I did was to check the electric panel which surprisingly wasn't turned off. Then, I looked into our neighbour's house and saw that the electricity was out in his house too which means that the power is out for everyone.

Also, I couldn't see his cat too. I sighed in relief.

It must be his cat upstairs. His fat cat has done it before too. It can't be the stalker since Walden and the police went for him.

What if it's indeed your stalker and he has somehow come back here?

My conscience reminded me and I shook my head. I'm just paranoid. It can't be the stalker. I saw him running away in another direction with the police and Walden after him.

Still, I decided to stay outside and call Walden. His phone was not reachable. I hope he is fine. Then, I called detective Arthur and he picked up after five rings.

"We are coming home. We caught him" he said just as he picked up and hanged up.

I sighed in relief. Finally, he is caught. I can't believe it.

I decided to go inside and check what was inside our bedroom. I was sure it couldn't be the stalker since he was caught. It must be the cat.

I climbed upstairs, keeping the flashlight in front of me. I slowly opened the door to our bedroom and I was met with chilly air from outside. Great, the window is broken again. But, why would the cat break the window? Unless....

I didn't get a chance to run when two gloved hands came and pulled me inside the bedroom. I dropped my phone and screamed but they placed their hand on my mouth and kicked the door close.

Through the dim light from outside, I could see that it was a man and he was fully covered. I caught a flash of green eyes when the dying daylight fell on his eyes for a second.

He pushed me to the wall and I tried to kick him in the crotch but he pushed his knee between my legs and pinned both of my hands by using just one of his hand.

"Get off of me!" I screamed at him and he covered my mouth with his another hand.

"Don't fight me or else I would have to hurt you which we both wouldn't like" his deep voice came out muffled due to the mask on his face. I wanted to punch him in the face when he said that. "I'm removing my hand from your mouth if you cooperate here" he said and I nodded. I had a plan in mind.

He slowly removed his hand from my mouth and I didn't make a noise.

"I saw the show you put up with your husband to stall outside and keep an eye on me" he said and my eyes widened. He is indeed the stalker "But, it failed, didn't it? Because I'm standing here, right in front of you."

My throat turned dry hearing that. How did he manage to climb inside the house when he only ran away minutes ago before I entered the house?

Arthur told me that they caught him tor god's sake.

"What are you thinking, love?" He ran his fingers on my cheek. "How did I fool your husband and the police?"

"Just what do you want?" I croaked out.

"Isn't it obvious?" His hold on my hands loosened as he leaned in his mask covered face "I just want you."

I used his distraction as an opportunity to run away. I snatched my hands out of his grip and pushed him away from me using all of my strength. I hastily opened the door and ran away from him blindly in the dark.

I heard him running after me and I yelped when I felt his hands coming in contact with my waist from behind me. He picked me up and I thrashed in his hold. My leg met with his chin and he dropped me. I got up as fast as I could and ran away but soon I was falling down the stairs.

I couldn't see a thing in the dark and continued falling down until my head hit something hard and I felt myself losing consciousness.

"Jaine!" I heard someone scream before I blacked out.

A/N: Just a reminder. All of my stories are unedited.

I hope you liked this chapter.