☠️ Chapter - 4 ☠️

Song: Ride - Lana Del Rey

Jaine

              I was curled up in bed feeling upset and disgusted at what happened today. This is what I get for avoiding him for days? Only to have him pounce on me and place his mouth on mine?

I sighed and got up to prepare dinner. I'd do anything to take my mind off of it.

I had just finished making dinner when Walden came home. I was contemplating whether to tell him or not. If I tell him, he is going to be mad and might argue with me to quit the job and if I don't tell him, then I feel like the one who is being dishonest and keeping things in our relationship.

What do I do?

When he came back after changing his clothes, he took one look at my face and frowned. "Are you okay?" He asked inspecting my face. I nodded, trying to avoid him. I know I'd spill everything if I looked at his face.

"Are you sure? You look awfully quiet today" he asked as he took a bottle of water out from the fridge.

"I'm fine, Walden" I said as I went into the living room and sat on the couch. I started changing channels on tv and again a report about a bloody murder was being broadcasted.

He followed me there "Did something happen at work?" He asked and I stiffened for a second.

"Love, what's bothering you?" He asked me again and looked at me intently.

"I-uh-a-a guy.." how do I tell him that I was sexually assaulted today?

"What Jaine? You're making me worried now" he said looking concerned. He turned the tv off and turned to look at me.

"Iwasforciblykissedtodayandtheguyisinjailnow" I said in a breath looking away from him.

He turned me back to him "I didn't get what you said, love. Calm down and then tell me." I took a deep breath "A man kissed me forcibly today at work and he is in jail right now" I told him looking down at my lap.

He made me look up and I saw fury in his sharp green eyes "And you're telling me this now? You could have called me! I should have been there for you!" He seethed.

"W-Walden, hear me out please. A-A man saved me from him and beat him pretty hard. He was handed over to the police" I said scared of his outburst.

"What I'm saying Jaine is that after going through that, you should have called me to pick you up or at least inform me. I could've been there for you" he sighed trying to control his anger.

"I didn't wan-t you to worry while you were at work" I said, my words barely above a whisper.

He pulled me into him "What're you talking about? You are to tell me. I'm your husband and I have the right to take care of you and be there for you when you need me."

I told him everything that happened and he listened to me patiently.

"You won't go the diner. You aren't feeling okay" he told me with a finality. "What? But-" he cut me off "Just not tomorrow. Go there next week. Rest tomorrow and we'll spend some time together."

He hugged me "You need to take care of yourself, love."

I sighed in his embrace.

After having dinner with him I asked Erick for a day off tomorrow and he gladly gave me saying that he was going to call me to tell that I shouldn't come to the diner tomorrow.

"Let me buy a car for you. You are working there to save money for it, right?" Walden asked me as we laid right next to each other on the uncomfortable mattress. Or maybe I was the only who didn't like it.

"Yes but you won't, Wald. You are already paying for my education and I don't want you to spend on buying a car for me too" I said to him turning myself in his direction.

"You know it won't be a problem for me. Just let me buy one for you and you can repay me when you finish your studies and find a job. How does that sound?" He came up with another plan.

"I don't believe you. You wouldn't even take a penny from me and you know it" I said as I stuffed my face in his chest.

"You're too stubborn for your own good" he said as he pulled me closer and cuddled me into him.

"I'm going to thank Cade Black the next time I see him for protecting you. I met him in a business conference last week and from what I recall he is a man of few words" he told me.

I hmmed feeling sleepy.

The next morning when Walden was watching news there was mention of another bloody murder again. There was a psycho with homicidal tendencies roaming free, according to the reports.

"Breaking news! Our town's most eligible bachelor and billionaire Cade Black has gone missing!"

Just listening to the first sentence made me turn to look at Walden and he stared back at me shocked.