☠️ Chapter - 1 ☠️

Song: Dusk Till Dawn - Zayn ft. SIA

Jaine

I woke up to my alarm blaring my favourite song and I groaned. I'm never going to do that again. It makes you hate your favourite song.

I reluctantly tried to get out of the warm blankets but as usual I was restricted by him.

"Walden" I shook him lightly. He just tightened his hold.

"Wald, I have classes in an hour" I poked his cheek.

He reluctantly opened his grass coloured eyes and kissed my forehead "You know you could just skip it today."

"No, you already made me do that twice this year" I argued.

"Okay then, just lay down with me for two more minutes" he said with his husky voice burying his face in my hair.

I met Walden when I was eighteen years old. His father is my dad's close friend. I was very shy at that time, not to mention socially awkward too.

He was twenty four at that time and was attending the same party I didn't want to go in because of my lack of social circle.

He dropped his glass of wine at the party on me and was so embarrassed that he ended up asking me for a day out as a compensation for ruining my dress.

I was very much against the idea but he ended up showing in front of my house the next day and things escalated quickly from there.

After two years of dating we ended up marrying each other and an year after our marriage, I joined the university to study business.

It has been three years since our marriage and things are same for which I'm very grateful.

"I'll drop you off today. It's snowing hard" Walden said as he reluctantly got out of covers and looked out of the window.

"Thank you" I said as I fished out layers of clothes to wear.

I don't have a car yet and he has insisted more than hundred times to buy one for me but I wouldn't let him.

I'm saving up for myself and I work at a diner for the weekends.

After eating breakfast and leaving some for him to eat before he goes for work, we headed out of the house to his car.

He dropped me off to the university and I gave him a peck on the lips.

"Take care, love" he said as I got out the car.

"You too" I smiled at him and quickly made my way inside. Even the oversized parka was failing to keep me warm.

I met Wendy, my close friend in my first class and we both started talking about random things before the professor came and started his lecture.

After the continuous three hour lecture we made our way to the small cafeteria feeling exhausted.

"Sooo how's Walden doing?" Wendy asked as she bit into her burger.

"He's great. He dropped me off today" I said biting into my fries.

"Hello ladies. How are you doing?" We were interrupted by Calvin with Ethan in tow.

I met Calvin on the first day of college and he soon developed romantic feelings for me. He didn't know I was married.

How he didn't notice the engagement ring on my hand, I have no idea.

Things got a little awkward after that but, we decided to stay friends. Ethan is Calvin's high school friend and he never talks much.

"Good. What's up?" Wendy replied as they took a seat on our table and I nodded at Ethan in acknowledgement.

I continued eating my fries silently as both of them talked. Wendy always gave signals that she liked Calvin but he either never got them or he just dismissed them even when he could see clearly.

"How are your classes going?" Calvin asked looking at me. Ethan was busy on his phone.

Probably playing a game since he isn't the social type.

"Tiring but I'll survive. How is your professor treating you?" I smiled.

He grimaced "He is the same."

Professor Wilson was a very punctual man but he was rude to his students too. Giving them assignment after assignment and if not submitted before the deadline he would make you write it ten times whether you like it or not, all the while commenting on your personality.

Calvin had been blessed with him as his Law professor.

Good thing I chose Business.

"I have my English class now. I'll see you guys tomorrow" I nodded at the three of them and made my way to my last class today.

I only had two classes today.

On my way to my class I ran into a guy and nearly fell but, he held me before my butt met the floor.

"Sorry" I said embarrassed creating some distance between me and him.

"It's not your fault. I was in a hurry and I apologise for that" the guy with red hair and green eyes said to me.

"I'm new here and I'm Kevin by the way. Do you know the way to the English class?" He asked me politely.

"Yeah, I'm just going there and I'm Jaine. Nice to meet you" I smiled and started walking towards my English class.

I got to know that he just recently shifted here and he really likes snowfall.

I hate winter. I have always loved the sun.

After torturous two hours, I stared walking home which was on thirty minutes walking distance.

Suddenly, the familiar feeling of being watched kicked in. Since the ending of last year, I get this same feeling of being watched whenever I'm alone and sometimes even when I'm with my husband.

I always shrug it off as paranoia.

When I reached home, I noticed a red coloured note lying on the front door. Picking it up I read the words aloud

You look so beautiful today as usual. I couldn't take my eyes off of you in the morning, love.

It was written in a beautiful handwriting which looked like Walden's. There was no name or abbreviation at the bottom.

But, it uses the endearment term 'love' which Walden often uses. Thinking it was from him, I shrugged it off and went inside my house smiling from ear to ear.

A/N: Anyway, this is my first time writing a mystery/thriller. I don't like piling things up but I couldn't stop myself from writing a new story.

I already have two ongoing stories which are of Paranormal and Werewolf genre.

If you like those type of stories, give them a try.

P.S. English is not my first language but I try my best not to produce any error.

I will edit this book once I finish writing it.

Hasta la Vista!