☠️ Chapter - 14 ☠️

Song: Under Control - Calvin Harris & Alesso ft. Hurts

Jaine

"It's clear that it wasn't any business rival who killed Cade" I continued petrified "The Lunatic killed him."

All of us sat in the police station after I had went berserk in Cade's funeral. I couldn't stop screaming Walden's name after reading the note. I had thought he had killed my husband already.

After having create a scene there and leading people to think that I was mental, my husband was finally able to get me to calm down.

"What if this is the same person who killed Jack? Because Jack got more than close to me. What if the Psycopath who killed Jack is the Stalker?"

The three of them snapped their heads toward me with widened eyes.

"But the way of killing wasn't the same-" Walden was cut off by James "I think Mrs. Austen could be right here."

Maybe he was trying to assure me and himself at the same time that a Psycho who kills people just because it's fun for him couldn't be obsessed with me.

"The Stalker has his goons everywhere to do his dirty work. Who knows if he got Cade killed by someone else for himself?" Arthur said, looking deep in thinking.

"If this is the case" Walden continued "then, it has been him all along. Everything that happened in the past few weeks is related."

He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, rubbing his head.

"What I felt wasn't paranoia then" I said "Since the ending of last year I felt watched but whenever I checked my surroundings I couldn't find anyone."

Complete silence surrounded us.

"I can finally put it together now. The note, power being turned off by someone, breaking our window when we kissed, it was all part of a plan. Jack and Cade just got into a mess they knew nothing about" I said feeling emotionless.

"You are next, Walden" I spoke, suddenly feeling very scared.

I couldn't even think of losing the Love of my life. He is the first man I dated, fell in love with and married.

Officer Elroy and Detective Arthur stood up and left the room seeing my condition, to give us some privacy.

Walden turned my chair in his direction and pulled it close to him.

"I can't lose you Wald" I whispered, looking down.

He made me look in his eyes "Listen Jaine, nothing is going to happen to me. I am never going to leave you. He will not be able to harm me, love."

When I didn't look convinced he sighed "If you want, I would ask for a month off. Go somewhere with you. Do whatever you want me to do if it makes you feel safe about me but, please stay strong for me. I hate to see you like this, worrying about me."

"That's what he wants us to do, to break, so that we end up doing something stupid. He wants us to break down so that he can do what he pleases. Please, try to understand, love" he begged me.

His words hit my head like a cold splash of water and I found myself hugging him and promising that I would try my best to not fall for his emotional games again.

James and Arthur joined us back after some time and we began to discuss about how to deal with the psycho who is after me.

"I think it's about time we got those cameras installed" Walden said.

"Yes and I think we need to come up with a plan quickly to trap him in" Arthur voiced out his thoughts.

"How do we make sure that the psycho is indeed the stalker? We know that Cade got killed because of the Stalker but we don't know about Jack" Walden questioned.

"Well, we can't. We just have to think of it as a huge possibility since chances of Jack being murdered by the stalker are high" James answered.

"He did mention in one of his notes that he was sorry he wasn't able to come and rip the man into pieces. That does sound like something that would come out of a mouth of a person with homicidal tendencies" I said, remembering that dreadful day.

"Do you have anyone in mind whom you suspect?" James asked, looking intently at me.

"I do but... "

Arthur looked at me "Who is he and what makes you think it could be him?"

I sighed "His name is Kevin, he's from England and just shifted here about the time all of this madness started. He bumped into me on his first day of college. Moreover, he has the same green eyes just like that lunatic."

"I think we need to keep a very close eye on him" James remarked.

"Why didn't you tell us about him sooner, Mrs. Austen?" Arthur interrogated, his sharp green eyes trained on me.

"He is a family person. He has a one year old and a wife. That's what makes me think it can't be him" I replied.

"I maybe new but I have studied enough cases to let you know that being married and having a kid doesn't stops anyone when they want to do what they wish to do."

I nodded my head in response, feeling embarrassed for some unknown reason.

"I hate to say this but, it's most of the time a married/divorced man in most of these cases" James said, looking sympathetic.

"So how do we lure him in?" Walden asked.

"We need some time to come up with a strong plan. We'll inform you as soon as we make one" Arthur said, looking us both in the eyes this time.

"Alright, let's go home" Walden and me shook hands with both of them.

I laid down as soon as we reached home. A headache was making it's way making me feel a little nauseous. I fell asleep after taking a pain killer while Walden worked on his laptop beside me.

I started preparing for dinner as soon as I woke up. I noticed Wald had fallen asleep beside me with his laptop on his stomach. I smiled and removed it. I covered him with the blanket and made my way to the kitchen.

I had just finished making dinner when my eyes fell on an orange coloured note stuck to the window.

I stopped breathing for a moment when I read what was written inside.

A/N: Thank you for waiting on me.
I'm grateful for your votes and comments.
I hope you liked this chapter.