☠ Chapter - 25 ☠

Song: Save Your Tears - The Weeknd

Jaine

I woke up to unfamiliar surroundings. I was on a large bed with sunshine peering through the large windows beside me.

I sat up confused and looked at the foreign surroundings. Dread settled in every inch of my body when I remembered last night's events.

I was his captive now.

I tried to get up as fast as I could but ended up falling back on the bed.

My now bandaged ankle started throbbing painfully. I tried to reach my hand to soothe it but I couldnt because my left hand was chained to the bed post.

My breath got caught in my throat.

I can't run away from here.

The lunatic chained me.

I tried to tug my hand out of it but to no avail.

I tried to twist my hand out of it but I didn't have any luck with that either.

Maybe I should just break my thumb to get my hand out?

It was going to be painful but I couldn't just sit here and wait for him to come for me to do god knows what.

I shivered at that thought.

The door suddenly opened making me jump at my place.

I stopped breathing for a moment when I saw him for the second time without a mask.

"How are you doing now, love?" He smiled at me.

I couldn't find any words to come out.

He stepped closer to the bed and looked at the red skin around my hands "I'm afraid that's not going to work."

He had the audacity to look sympathetic which made my blood boil.

"Cade Black" I spat "Why did you kidnap me? Did you not die?"

He disregarded my question and ran a hand through his jet black hair "Are the clothes comfortable? I know they are double your size but forgive me I didn't get the time to shop for you and you would have to do with mine for the time being."

I snapped my head towards what I was wearing and noticed that I had his shirt on and his sweatpants.

I looked at him with disgust.

Walden never touched me without my consent even though he is married to me.

"Don't give me that look, love. You were hurt and your clothes looked uncomfortable" He justified himself.

"I can't believe a successful man like you, could do something like this" I glared at him "You could get anyone! Any woman would fall at you feet and yet you ruined my married life!" I screamed at him.

He raised a brow "I ruined it? It was already doomed. Besides, I only want you."

"Do you think I'm stupid?" I spat "I am sure you blackmailed my husband. It must have been something valuable to him. He would never give me up by his own choice."

"What must have been more important than his own wife to him?" He mocked. "You just refuse to accept that he doesn't want you."

"Even if he doesn't want me, I love him and I only want him" I shot back at him.

He suddenly looked mad and was in my face within seconds "You will never speak of that bastard again. Do you hear me, Jaine?"

I pushed at his chest but he was so much bigger than me.

He grabbed a hold of the back of my neck and made me look at him "Am I clear, Jaine?"

I stared at him with tears pooled in my eyes.

"I am asking something, love."

I nodded silently defeated but he still didn't budge.

"Words, love."

I loathed this man.

"Yes" I replied, with tears rolling down my cheeks.

His hand left the tight hold on my neck and I tried to back away from him but he had already taken a hold of my left hand and unchained it.

I was suddenly lifted and sat on his lap and I struggled immediately.

"Don't touch me" I pushed at his chest, feeling my heart beat rise even more since he entered the room.

"Calm down, love" He whispered in my ear, hugging me tightly to his chest.

I didn't stop pushing him away even though I knew it was futile.

"I don't like to see you cry" I heard him sigh and I stilled in his hold.

How ironic.

He suddenly stood up making me stand as well.

"You must be hungry. Come on" He scooped me up in his arms and I felt bile rise in my throat.

"Let me walk, Cade."

"I love it when you say my name" He stopped walking and stared down at me.

"Let me down" I repeated, anxiously. I abhored the way he looked at me. Like I was the love of his life, like I was the only thing that existed.

"You can't walk, love" He said, coming out of his trance "Remember the plaster on your ankle?"

"I can still walk" I said but he ignored me and started walking down the hallway.

I felt my anxiety rise but I tried to calm down and remember the layout of the house.

I needed to get out of here, fast.

He climbed down a flight of stairs, turned to the right and entered a kitchen. He placed me on the island and then stared at me "What would you like to eat?"

"Wouldn't you already know?" I said, feeling brave.

He smiled at me "Yes but it would be refreshing to hear it from you."

I stared at him, disturbed.

He sighed when he didn't get a response from me and moved away to make something.

I watched his every move.

There must be a knife here somewhere.

As if on cue, he took out of a knife from one of the drawers and started cutting vegetables with it.

Twenty-five minutes later, with me remembering what drawer he placed the knife back into, I was sat on the dining table with him sitting across to me.

"Are your eyes even real?" I suddenly asked, referring to his blue eyes and he snapped his head towards me from his phone.

Another thing I needed to get my hands on.

He pocketed his phone back in his trousers "Yes, they are, don't you remember?"

He asked referring to the time when I first met him at the diner.

"I think you know why I am asking."

He looked at me and sighed "Right."

"I used contact lenses as you already know and it actually worked really well for me" He smirked, his eyes lighting up.

I looked at him, disturbed.

"How did you even fake your own death?" I dared to ask.

"Wouldn't you like to know" He grinned at me. "Eat your food and then I would decide if I would like to tell you."

Detective Arthur needed to save me before this creep did what he wanted to do with me.

Before it was too late.