3

The next morning, Henry was missing.

Again.

Regina went to the Sheriff immediately.

And found Emma Swan sitting in a jail cell.

The three worked together to find the missing boy.

Emma was the one to find him.

At his castle.

Emma drives up to the mayor's house in her little yellow bug.

She rings the doorbell and Regina opens the door.

Henry runs inside and into his room.

" Thank you," Regina says.

" No problem," Emma responds.

" He seems to have taken quite a shine to you."

" You know what's kind of crazy? Yesterday was my birthday. And when I blew out the candle on this cupcake I bought myself, I actually made a wish. That I didn't have to be alone on my birthday. And then Henry showed up."

" I hope there's no misunderstanding here."

" I'm sorry?"

" Don't mistake all of this as an invitation back into his life. Miss Swan you made a decision 10 years ago. And in the last decade, while you've been... well, who knows what you've been doing? I've changed every diaper, soothed every fever, endured every tantrum. You may have given birth to him, but he is my son."

" I was not--"

" No, you don't get to speak. You don't get to do anything. You gave up that right when you tossed him away. Do you know what a closed adoption is? It's what you asked for. You have no legal right to Henry. And you're gonna be held to that. So I suggest you get in your car and you leave this town because if you don't... I will destroy you if it is the last thing I do."

Just then, Scarlett's dog comes running out the door. He runs right to Emma. He starts barking and whining and pawing.

" Hook! Hook! Down, boy. Down. Off. Come here!" Scarlett yells as she frantically tries to get ahold of her dog, " I'm so sorry, he normally loves everyone. I've never seen him act like this."

Scarlett grabs Captain Hook by his collar to try and stop him from running to Emma.

" Put him out back," Regina orders, " Goodbye, Miss Swan."

" Do you love him?" Emma asks.

" Of course I love him."

Regina shuts the door on Emma. Scarlett takes her dog out into the backyard to run around. She throws a ball for him and they play fetch.

As Henry lays on his bed, Regina goes up into his room and pulls out the story book. She looks at herself in the mirror as she clutches it to her chest. 

Emma finds the only hotel in town to get a room.

" How long will you be staying with us?" Granny asks.

" A week. Just a week," Emma responds.

Henry gazes upon the clock tower from his window. His chin rests on his arms as he continues to look. 

Suddenly, the hour hand moves and the clock tower rings.

The clock hasn't moved in 28 years... and now it finally starts to tick.

As soon as the Savior decided to stay.