8

Eventually, the townspeople instilled a little bit of trust in Regina. A little bit.

Or rather, pity.

They may hate her, but they don't want to her see die.

Emma, along with her parents, work together with Regina to send the wraith back to where it came from.

Back to where they all came from.

A land that no longer exists.

Scarlett does not wish to speak with her mother, and will have no part in this plan.

But, if only she was.

" It will open a portal to our land. All we have to do is send the wraith in there," Regina says.

They all stand in the town hall meeting room, and Regina places Jefferson's hat on the floor.

" Oh, yeah. Just that," David says.

" I don't understand. I thought our land was gone", Mary says.

"It is. But sending it to a place that no longer exists... Well, that's banishing it to oblivion," Regina says as the lights begin to crackle.

The wraith is coming.

"Regina", Emma says.

" I'm trying," Regina says.

The doors of the office then fly open, the wraith roaring. The wraith flies in the office and scans the room.

After Mary pours alcohol over the fence, David lights it on fire, trying to keep the wraith away from them for now.

" Hurry!", David yells.

" It's not working", Regina says, still working on the hat, " It's not working!".

" What is the problem?", Emma asks.

"Magic. It's different here", Mother says.

" Now would be the time!", David yells.

But suddenly, the hat's magic activates.

The hat works. It swirls, purple covering the room and creating a portal.

" It's coming!", David yells as the wraith flies towards them.

The wraith then falls into the portal... but as does Emma. Mary Margaret jumps into the portal, refusing to leave her child behind. Before David can jump in, the portal closes.

Sending them to a land that no longer exists.

The wraith then falls into the portal, along with me, Emma, and Mary Margaret.

David yells at Regina to do something... but there's nothing she can do.

They've been sentenced to a fate worse than death.

As Regina goes back home, she comes across her daughter walking her dog.

Scarlett scoffs and rolls her eyes. She tries to walk away, but Regina stops her.

" Scarlett, please... listen to me," Regina says.

Scarlett stops walking. She turns around and faces her mother with a cold expression.

" Emma and Mary Margaret... they're gone," Regina says.

" Did you kill them?" Scarlett asks.

" What? No! No, no, no," Regina says as she steps closer to her child, " We were trying to get rid of the wraith. We used Jefferson's hat to send it to the Enchanted Forest... but it took them to. Banishing them to a land that no longer exist."

Finally, Regina peaked Scarlett's interest.

" Wh-What do you mean it no longer exists?"

Regina realizes her mistake. She sighs, then puts both of her hands on either side of Scarlett's face.

" The curse... it completely destroyed everything. The Enchanted Forest no longer exist."

Scarlett's eyes widen with tears. She takes a step back as she tilts her head.

" So, that means... Killian..."

" Yes, sweetie."

" And you knew this would happen?" Scarlett asks, her voice cracking as she speaks, " Y-You knew that the curse would destroy everything... and you still did it? Y-You ripped me away from the man I love... and now you're telling me that he's gone?"

Regina's eyes begin to water as well. She tries to grab Scarlett's hands, but she steps away once more.

" Scarlett... I am so... so sorry. I-I only wanted what's best for us... for you. I wanted us to be happy... to be a family. I-I wanted us to win."

" I was happy!" Scarlett exclaims.

Her powers burst outwards and blast Regina back into the street.

" I was happy... I-I was in love... and you took that from me," Scarlett says, then kneels down next to her mother and whispers her next words, " Just like your mother did to you."

Scarlett transports herself away in a plume of black smoke, and Regina begins to sob.

For she may have just lost her daughter.