20

A large thud beneath the ship draw both Scarlett and Killian out onto the top deck. Killian silently curses as he resumes his position on the wheel.

" If you've got a weapon, then grab it!" Killian orders

" What's out there?! A shark? A whale?", Emma asks as they hear screeching in the distance.

"A kraken?", David asks.

" Worse. Mermaids", Killian says.

" Mermaids?!", Emma asks.

" Yes, and they're quite unpleasant", He says.

" You think?" Regina asks as the mermaids start wacking the ship with their tails.

" I'll and outrun them", Killian says, trying to steer the ship.

" I will not be capsized by fish!", David says as he loads the canon.

" You might want to hold onto something, love", Killian says over his shoulder.

Scarlett rolls her eyes as she stands her ground. As much as she loves Killian, she can fend for herself.

Emma and Mary Margaret then throw a net into the water as David fires the canon into the water.

"We caught one!", Mary yells.

" One? There are dozens of them. Enough of this", Regina says then throws  a fireball into the water, causing the mermaids to scatter.

Regina waves her hand, and the mermaid gets transported from the net onto the top deck, much to Killian's dislike. The rest of the mod of mermaids quickly swim away once their own gets captured.

"Get that thing off my ship!", Killian exclaims.

" No. Now we have a hostage", Regina says.

" I hate to say it, but I'm with Hook. Those things just tried to kill us", David says.

" And perhaps we should find out why", Regina says.

" How? By torturing her?", Snow asks.

" Well, if need be. Sure", Regina says as the mermaid blares her shell.

" What the hell is that?", Emma asks.

" A warning", The mermaid says as some thunder rolls in ," Let me go... or die".

"What is this? What did you do?!", David asks as he grabs the shell.

" Let me go", She says  innocently.

" Not until you tell us", Regina says, " Or we make you tell us".

" Threatening her isn't the way to motivate her", Mary says.

" Well, we're all out of fish food", Regina says.

" Doesn't matter if you get her to talk. You can't trust her. Mermaids are liars", Killian says.

" Of course they are", Emma says.

" Maybe they're just scared of Pan. If we let her go, maybe they'll be on our side", Mary says.

" Or maybe she and her friends will come right back to kill us", Regina says.

" Oh, I don't need my friends to kill you. You kill yourselves. Now let me go", The mermaid says.

The mermaid's words were true.

Suddenly, everyone begins arguing with one another. Everyone starts yelling and shoving, and the storm grows more violent. Thunder rumbles through the sky. Lighting strikes down to the water and the sea grows meaner the more they argue.

Emma's able to take a step back and realize this. She stands up on the railing and tries to tell the rest, but a huge gust of wind knocks Emma into the water. A metal piece from the ship falls off and into the water. It hits Emma in the head and knocks her out cold. David quickly dives down into the water to save his daughter. Once he brings her onboard, the storm settles. The seas grow calmer. The parents rush to make sure their daughter is alright and wrap her in a blanket once she wakes up.

Killian guides the ship to the island, and once they're close enough, they jump off. They walk onto the sandy shores and begin their journey through the jungle.

"The ridge is just a few hundred paces up ahead", Killian says.

" You really think we're gonna be able to see Pan's hideout?", Emma asks.

" From there, we should be able to see everything, including where he's keeping your son", He says.

" You know, I could have just poofed us up here in an instant", Regina says.

" Where? Have have any idea what's up here or anywhere", Killian asks, " There are dangers all about. Only I can guide us past them".

" Killian's right. He's lived here before. If he says hiking up is the best way, then we listen", Scarlett says.

They journey through the jungle, and once they reach a decent spot, they make camp. Scarlett brings some logs, places them on the ground, then creates a fireball in her hand and throws it on the logs. They all take this time to rest their legs and get some much needed sleep.

Killian looks over to Scarlett, and once again notices that she's pulling her jacket closer to her body. He scoots closer to her and wraps his arms around her. Scarlett lays with her back flushes against Killian's chest. He wraps his long coat around the both of them, then presses his lips to her temple. He runs his fingers through her hair while she's lulled to sleep by his gentle heartbeat.