Lilia

Black Spanx

Black Spanx. 
Black leggings.

I stood in my panties for twenty minutes just staring at my clothes. I felt like the leggings gave me extra protection, he could touch me but he couldn't get inside the material. However, I knew if I didn't wear the Spanx Kim wouldn't be very happy with me for breaking uniform protocol.

Part of me hoped Xavier would stick to his word and 'sort it' though I didn't want to think too deeply about what he meant by that. I just selfishly wanted it 'sorted.'

"Chicken legs, you awake?" My dad knocked on the door making my heart jump like it was spiked with a bolt of electricity. I grabbed the leggings and pulled them on.

"Yeah dad, I'll be right out." I slipped on an oversized sweater and roughed up my hair a bit so it didn't feel as flat.

My dad had made scrambled eggs, bacon and freshly squeezed orange juice too. His hair stuck up everywhere and he kept rubbing his eyes. I wasn't hungry, too nervous to eat but he stayed up especially to cook me breakfast. If I didn't eat he would lose sleep worrying what was wrong with me so I picked up a fork and dug in.

"Sorry, I'm a little out of sorts. I fell asleep on the sofa at six, it was a busy night last night."

"That's okay." I mumbled with a full mouth.

"That damn trailer park, the Wilders. They're really summit." I stopped eating and raised my eyes up to meet his, mushed egg flopped about in my mouth until I swallowed it down. "Such a sad, sad family." He shook his head.

"Why?"

"Fighting Lia, always fighting. Their lives are ruled by addiction and violence. It's a sad life to live."  He yawned and wiped the sleep away from his eyes.

"Dad, you're really tired. Get yourself to bed. I'll walk to school today." I reached out and touched his arm, giving him a sweet smile.

"Only if you're sure sweetheart."

"I am." I kissed him on the top of his head, right in his thinning hairline and then left the kitchen table, thankful to not be eating anymore.

The morning air was fresh, I could feel it opening my lungs wider and letting me breathe cleaner. I stopped to speak to the paperboy doing his usual route and to stroke Mrs Powell's new Labrador puppy. Then I entered the trailer park and the temperature dropped by a few degrees.

Xaviers trailer stood to my right, the windows were broken in and there was a boot mark to the lower door. Glass beer bottles lined the dead lawn around the area and his dad was throwing something in the trash wearing nothing but a wife beater and blue boxer shorts. His face was bruised, like he had been brawling down at the bar.

"What you looking at slut?" He barked at me. "You're in the wrong part of town." I kept walking, faster now. "That pigs daughter amirite?" He fished into the trash can and threw a mouldy tomato at me. It didn't hit me, but it splattered on the ground close by. I kicked it away with the tip of my converses. "Yeah you better fucking walk away, don't come back to these side of the tracks again. You're not welcome here!"