Xavier/Lilia

I was vaguely aware Dimitri had done me dirty

I was vaguely aware Dimitri had done me dirty. It was like my mind was in there somewhere but my mouth and my actions wouldn't comprehend with it. I don't know what the fuck Sam gave me but it wiped me out.

Lilia dumped me down on her sofa and I closed my eyes. The whole house smelt like her, sweet like almonds. It was warm and welcoming, the sofa felt soft beneath me and everywhere was clean, unlike the trailer I live in.

"Lilia?"

"Yeah?"

Words whirled around my brain. I wanted to talk to her, say something meaningful or complimentary. I wanted to thank her for not leaving me outside. I wanted to apologise for overstepping my boundaries by hugging her from behind and trying to make her leave the party. I wanted to ask her about her dad, if she needed me gone before he wakes up and finds me. I wanted to know if she believed everything she's heard about me and reassure her it didn't happen.

But instead, right before I past out I uttered the words "my dick is sore."

My alarm clock beeped and my eyes widened to the size of golf balls

My alarm clock beeped and my eyes widened to the size of golf balls. Immediately I sat up and threw myself out of bed. Xavier was exactly where I left him. Tangled up in a knitted blanket on our sofa, mouth open, eyes closed and breathing heavily.

My dad, however sat on a chair. Watching him like some psychopath creep. He didn't even blink, he sat staring at Xavier with his gun in his hand. Locked and loaded.

"Nice pyjamas Lia, make a special effort for any particular reason?" I looked down at my red silk two piece and twisted up my lip. He knows damn well I always wear an old oversized tee to bed, I was making things far too obvious.

"Dad, I can explain... He was in a bad way last night. I couldn't just leave him." His gun bounced off his palm in a rhythmic way, the nape of his neck was starting to redden, giving it away that he was hella angry.

"Leave him where exactly?" He asked slowly, like a damn interrogation that he gives to one of his criminals.

I swallowed. "At a party. Scotts brother, he had like a small get together." I tried to sound as casual as I possibly could but that wasn't very possible with Xavier sleeping a few yards away and dad holding a pistol in his hand.