Lilia

"So your dad thinks you're staying over at mine, right?" Violet asked as we pulled up outside Scott's brothers college party

"Right." I confirmed.

"Good, cause my parents think I'm staying at yours." We smiled at one another cunningly.

My dad would always let me go to a high school party but a college party would be a hard no. Lucky for me he's not working a shift tonight, so he'll never find out.

A chill caught my back and made me shiver, that's what I get for picking a backless dress but fashion is pain. Guys, older than us hung out on the front porch of Scott's house. They were already wasted and making a fool of themselves. They whistled at us as we walked past and violet raised her middle finger at them.

"We're not dogs, jackasses." She pushed past them, dragging me along with her.

The house smelt like beer and cigarette smoke. The vibe was dark and dangerous, I instantly felt uncomfortable. Music played above any thoughts and the lights were all switched off casting the house in darkness. Only people's phone torches lit the room.

"Hey!" Some guy wrapped his arm over our shoulders, he swayed almost knocking us over. "Lemme get you girls a drink. Whatcha drinking?"

"Whatever there is." Violet answered, pushing him away. He stumbled off towards what I'm assuming was the kitchen. "Okay, we're not taking any drinks from that guy." She told me. "Let's go outside." She pointed towards the back door and I followed her.

It was quieter outside, we stood by a keg, filling up plastic cups with whatever alcohol they had inside. Guys came in and out of a garden shed, every time the door opened smoke polluted the air and the putrid smell was strong enough to knock out a skunk. Violet started shaking her hips to the music. I laughed and joined her, dancing under the moonlight and stars.

Scott joined us and a few others we recognised from our school. It didn't take us long to relax, fall into the music and refill our cups several times.

The shed door opened for the thousand time, this time it got left open and slowly but surely the smoke dissipated and I stopped dancing. His eyes fixated on me, his beautiful earthy hazel eyes sharpened on me as he bent over the table, sucking white powder up his nose through a rolled up dollar note. He sat up, wiped his nose and stared until the shed door got closed again.

"What's up Lia?" Violet asked, stopping her dancing and looking around for whatever I saw.

"Nothing. I need another drink." I walked away from her and headed to the keg but she followed me, never leaving me unattended at a sketchy party like this.