the diary: adrienette

"Ugh, it's got to be here somewhere!" exclaimed a frustrated Marinette, tossing books over her head while keeping her eyes focused on the bookshelf in front of her.

"Um, what are you looking for?" asked Alya, looking at her best friend with a look of concern. They had been in the library for over an hour, going through the bookshelves one by one, looking for something that was obviously important to her.

"My diary! I was writing something down in the library this morning when I heard footsteps. I panicked and stuffed it in a bookshelf! But now I can't find it anymore!" said Marinette, tears welling at the corners of her eyes. "This is a disaster Alya! What if someone read it?"

Alya rolled her eyes, her bestie could be overly dramatic sometimes. "Girl, you worry too much. I don't think many people would be interested in reading your diary," she lowered her voice, "unless they knew you were ladybug."

"GAH! Don't remind me! I wrote about my secret identity in those pages too!" Marinette stopped tossing books out of the way and instead slumped against the bookshelf in defeat. She buried her face in her hands. "This is a disaster..." she repeated to herself quietly.

Alya looked at her friend worriedly, she wanted to stay and support her, but she and Nino had a date, and if she didn't leave now, she wouldn't make it on time.

"Listen Marinette, I'd love to be able to help you, but I have a date with Nino and I kind of have to go," she looked at her friend guiltily, "but uh, good luck! I'm sure you'll find it!"

Alya's phone suddenly started ringing. She picked it up. "Hey babe, yep, I'm on my way! See you at Andre's!" She hung up, patted Marinette on the back, and left the library.

"I'll never find it." thought Marinette, as she slowly put back the books she had tossed back on the shelf. She had been stupid to have brought it into the school library this morning, sooner or later, someone would read it, and her secret identity will be exposed...

Her ears perked up to the sound of soft footsteps. She sat up and wiped the tears off her face, no one should see her like this, she had to stay strong, she had to... Her thoughts were suddenly cut off as a boy appeared in front of her.

Golden locks framing emerald eyes, his build muscular yet lean, his smile sweet and charming at the same time... Adrien.

"Hey Marinette!" said Adrien, smiling softly. It took Marinette a few seconds to refocus. "Uh, h-hey A-adrien! Nice to be with you! Uhh I m-mean, nice to kiss you! I mean, nice to see you!" stammered Marinette, wincing at her choice of words.

Adrien chuckled. "I was just looking for you Marinette, I think I found something of yours?" It was just then that Marinette noticed the familiar pink book clutched in his hand. The colour drained from her face. She gasped, took her diary from Adrien and asked in a squeaky voice. "Um, you didn't read it did you?" She asked. She prayed silently that he hadn't.

Adrien grinned. "Don't worry Marinette, I don't read my friend's diaries." She let out a sigh of relief. She didn't want to imagine what would happen if he had read it.

"Th-thanks Adrien," she said, blushing. She clutched the precious book to her chest and walked out of the library.

As soon as she left, Plagg flew out of his owner's pocket and confronted Adrien. "And I thought we didn't lie to our friends, Adrien Agreste."

Adrien smiled dreamily. "But she's not just a friend Plagg."

"She's Ladybug."

(A/N: there u go! my first one-shot! not all of the one-shots are going to have semi-identity reveals but I thought I should start with one.

also ya this is a shortish one shot butttt I will be trying to write longer ones :)

anyways I'm currently writing the next part so it should be up later on today! Hint: it's ladynoir)