video games: djwifi

this is an AU where Alya and Nino still weren't in a relationship yet and Nino still liked Marinette but Alya liked Nino.

"You've got to stop staring, Nino." whispered Alya, elbowing him sharply. Nino's eyes were focused on a certain girl at the front of the class and he didn't hear her.

Alya sighed. She was his best friend and it was hard to break it to him that Marinette liked Adrien and not him. She had wanted him to open his eyes to realise that the only person who truly cared for him was her- Alya Cesaire.

"Come on Nino, school's over." She waved her hands in front of his eyes and caught his attention. Nino blinked and nodded. He followed her out of the classroom reluctantly, eyes still training on Marinette.

"Isn't she perfect Alya?" asked Nino dreamily. "Sure she is." said Alya, her heart giving a small painful tug. "We've still got the whole afternoon ahead of us, Nino, what about we go to my house and play Super Penguino?"

Nino snapped out of his daze. "Super Penguino? I love Super Penguino!" He smiled widely and Alya thought about how cute he looked when he was happy.

Alya opened up the door to her apartment and Nino walked in, mesmerised. "You did not tell me you watched Carapace: the movie?" Alya chuckled. "It's my favourite."

Nino looked at her strangely. He had always thought his best friend was more of a "Rena Rouge and Ladybug Trilogy" fan. There must be more to this girl than he initially thought.

Alya grabbed ahold of his arm and led him into her bedroom. As soon as Nino walked in, he became mesmerised. The room was decorated with newspaper clippings and various photographs of them. There were some from when they were children: Alya was laughing at some joke that he had made. He smirked at the thought. He hardly remembered what life was like before he fell in love with Marinette.

"Um you gonna come play with me or not?"

"Huh?" Nino turned around and caught sight of her golden-brown eyes. He sat down beside her on a bean bag and looked back at the Super Penguino game. Alya passed him the controls and their hands momentarily grazed each other. Alya flinched, but Nino was strangely okay with their skin contact. It felt like a jet of warm fluid had spread through every inch of his body. He shook his head back to the screen. Now was not the time to think about these things.

Alya was good at the game, that much was obvious. She had this look when she concentrated and Nino thought it was kinda cute. Alya kept glancing towards Nino, anxious of what he might think about her apartment. It was smaller than his house and messy. She paused the game to pull her hair back in a bun and caught Nino staring. "You good?" she laughed. "Uh yeah, I thought I saw a wasp or something." lied Nino. He gulped. His feelings towards her had been completely turned upside down.

They played for a little while longer, then went into the kitchen for a snack. Alya checked the time and realised that it was getting late. She sighed. It had been fun to spend time with Nino when he wasn't so busy gawking at Marinette. "Ready to go?" she asked, nudging him. "Y-yeah." said Nino, avoiding her eyes, because if he did, he knew he would get lost in them.

They walked up to the door and Alya opened it for him. "Don't worry about Marinette, she'll come around." she said bitterly. "Maybe I don't like her after all." said Nino, smirking.

"What?" asked Alya, confused. Nino smiled mysteriously at her, then walked away, leaving her staring after him.

(A/N: finally a djwifi scene. this ship is so underrated lmao. i promised one of these so here u go. sorry for not updating a lot idrk what to write haha)