one dance: ladynoir

(A/N: this is an AU where Ladybug and Chat Noir are best friends, but Chat Noir is still deeply in love with her but she is oblivious. so kinda like adrienette but for ladynoir if that makes sense?? anyways this story is set in the Mayor's Grand Hotel and they are having a gala/ball thing. its confusing but just read it 👍)

"Look at that one, what kind of a dress is she wearing?" laughed Ladybug, leaning back on her chair and taking a bite out of the macaroons that were on the table.

Chat looked over to where she was pointing. His eyes caught side of the elderly woman who appeared to be wearing a neon yellow dress that dragged heavily on the floor. She had paired the fit with a dark brown "cape".

"Yeah, it's weird isn't it?" He chuckled half-heartedly. He glanced quickly at his lady then snapped his gaze back to his shoes.

Ladybug sat up straighter, picking up another macaroon. "This place is quite nice, don't you think? And I must say we really have dressed up for the occasion." Ladybug twirled her red gown between her fingers as Chat tried to ignore how beautiful she looked tonight.

"Uh, so, people have um, have asked you to, have asked you to-"

"To dance?" Ladybug laughed, "What, you jealous kitty cat? Of course they have! Even Mr Banana asked me and I must say I did feel very tempted," she added with a wink. She eyed her best friend up and down. She had to admit, he looked rather hot in his midnight black tuxedo that was unbuttoned at the neckline.

"So...I heard girls whispering in the bathroom about you." She said, scanning his face for his response.

"Oh yeah?" He said uninterested. "There's only one girl that I want to have a dance with tonight," He said, avoiding her powerful blue eyes.

"Really?"said Ladybug amused, "and who might this "girl" be? She must be pretty special." She tried to ignore the bubbling jealousy simmering inside of her. Chat Noir was her best friend, he could like any girl he wanted. After all, what difference would it make?

Chat ignored her question. How was he supposed to tell her about how he truly felt? When all he ever was to her was her "best friend".

A girl wearing a golden and white ballgown suddenly came to their table. Chat instantly recognised her, it was Chloe, the mayor's daughter and his classmate. "Hey Kitty," she said, batting her eyelashes, "What would you say to a little dance?" Chat gulped. He despised Chloe, and frankly, he didn't have any energy to dance with someone as annoying as her. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Ladybug sit up a little straighter in her chair, looking uncomfortable.

"Sorry Chloe," said Chat, "Why don't you go dance with Kim over there? He seems eager." Chloe huffed, obviously unused to the rejection. She walked away with clenched fists.

"Why didn't you go and dance with her?" asked Ladybug, regaining her composure. She couldn't lie, she had felt uncomfortable at the thought of her kitty dancing with someone else.

"Because I want to dance with you." said Chat, bending over and offering her his hand.

"What are you playing at?" she asked, chuckling a little. She felt pink rising in her cheeks as he placed his hands on her hips.

"I'm sorry, I don't really know how to dance." said Chat nervously. He hoped that Ladybug would see how much she meant to him.

"Just- follow my lead." said Ladybug smiling up at her Kitty. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and closed the gap between them...

(A/N: the ending of this was horrendous and im so so sorry this is probably one of my least faves just because how short it is? idkk. i might update in a few days ive got so much homework ughhh

k bye 💅💅)

on a separate note i had ramen for lunch and it is the MOST delicious thing i've ever had and i'll find anyone who disagrees

tank you thats it for today. 😎😎