under the lamppost: marcaniel

(A/N: i just want them to be canon already ugh 😩🤚 also I'm 💅so dw)

this scene takes place mainly through text messages. it also contains some swearing, and tw if u are part of the lgtbq+ community and faced a hard time coming out because this story is basically about nathaniel's experience and it's a really harsh one :( this experience is based on one that my gay bestie told me about so it actually happened :I just your reminder even if your straight to support the pride community because there are way too many homophobes in this world 🌈✊

Marc had been waiting for Nathaniel at their date spot for over half an hour. And he still hadn't shown up. He was about to call him when his phone pinged. It was a text from Nathaniel.

babe: parents being jerks. won't let me come. taking phone away. text on the google docs ;)

Marc smiled. So his boyfriend hadn't stood him up. He rushed back home to open his laptop and sure enough, a message from Nathaniel had already popped up on their shared google docs page that was titled "for emergencies."

...

(Marc: normal, Nathaniel: bold)

N: hey sorry for keeping you waiting

M: don't worry about me I'm all g

M: what happened with your parents

N: well i didn't come out yet so they thought i was straight

M: then how come they wouldn't let u hand out with a boy ;)

N: I might have slipped up-

M: U TOLD THEM ABIYT ME?

M: *ABOUT

N: kinda

N: they overheard our phone call.

M: NO

N: yea, and u know how at the end i was like "see u later babe"?

M: yea how could i forget, BUT THEN WHAT HAPPENED

N: um... well then straight after we hung up my parents burst into my room smiling and they were like "someone's got a girlfriend."

M: they did not day that

N: they did 🤦🏽‍♂️

M: NO

N: and of course i had to be caught off guard and instead of lying about having a girlfriend i just said "i don't have a girlfriend."

N: and then my parents were like 😨 and then mum asked me "then who did you call babe??"

M: fuck

N: yea

N: I was so scared and i knew i couldn't lie to them so i just mumbled "my boyfriend"

M: wow

N: My dad's face literally went from happy to confused to sad to disappointed to angry in like i swear 5 seconds and my mum just gasped and walked out of the room. i was still in shock about their reactions and u know how much of a big deal it is for us to be accepted

M: ik, oh my god I'm so sorry

N: that's not even the worst part. My dad snatched my phone out of my hand, told me to stop texting and calling boys slammed my door shut and then i heard him saying as he left "instead of getting a son i got a daughter."

M: THAT HOMOPHOBIC SON OF A BITCH

N: I KNOW AND IM STILL NOT OVER IT

M: Im really really really so so so so sorry about what you went through nathaniel

N: its not your fault and you know that. is coming out always this hard?

M: well when i came out as gay my parents kind of already knew? so they were really nice and supportive so i guess i kind of grew up in an accepting family?

N: you're so lucky

M: I'm sorry Nathaniel, is there anything i can do to make u feel better?

N: i don't know and im really bummed we missed our date.

...

Marc's eyes suddenly widened. He threw on a jacket, slipped on his shoes and ran outside.

...

N: babe u still there?

M: u know that lamp post outside your street?

N: yeah? why?

M: look outside your window.

...

Nathaniel reached to open his curtains, his heart leaping. Marc was standing there, looking cute as ever, waving up at his boyfriend.

Nathaniel grinned sheepishly. He was still in his pyjamas, but he didn't care. He ran as quietly as possible down the stairs, and raced out of the apartment doors. He ran towards Marc and hugged him tightly.

"Marc..." he started, but he was completely speechless.

"I'm sorry." said Marc, his arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him in. Nathaniel looked at his boyfriend, the only one that could make him feel safe and truly himself. "I'm sorry about the date." he said again, grabbing ahold of his hips and closing the space between them. Marc looked at his boyfriend, "you have nothing to apologise for."

Nathaniel pressed his lips against his and his meaning was clear. They held each other in this embrace, both of them longing for the other's touch, just to know that they weren't alone.

The stars twinkled in the moonlit sky, the light of the lamppost shining on the couple. In between their kisses, Nathaniel wondered what his parents would think if they saw him like this: making out with his hot boyfriend under a lamppost at night.

"It didn't matter." he thought.

"One day, they would see him for who he truly was. "

(A/N: they are too cute. if u ship Nathaniel with sabrina no hate but like- marcaniel is top tier. i felt like writing a ship story without marinette or adrien because i feel like this ship deserves one.

please comment and vote but im telling u if you're homophobic i will personally oversee that you have a threesome with lila and andre.

no but seriously don't say anything homophobic because if u do you're a douchebag.

ALSO GUYS DON'T TELL ME THERE IS NO CHEMISTRY BETWEEN MARC AND NATHANIEL BECAUSE HAVE YOU SEEN THE WAY THEY LOOK AT EACH OTHER??

k, imma go get myself some tea while i write another one shot

💕💕