second thoughts: ladrien

(A/N: ladrien is my least favourite ship out of the love square but I already wrote a piece of writing on it so here it is)

Ladybug/Marinette's POV

"Pound it."

I heard a distinct beeping sound and knew I didn't have much time before I detransformed. Looking down, I saw that Chat Noir's ring was flashing as well.

For the first time in a long time however, I didn't feel like leaving just quite yet.

"Guess I better pounce, milady." said Chat. He grinned slyly and swiftly kissed my cheek. I backed away, giggling. "You know I'm in love with someone else, Chat."

He smiled again, but it came with a tinge of sadness. His green eyes turned into a deep emerald as he said, "But does that mean you don't have feelings for me too?"

His words caught me off-guard, and they made me freeze. I saw Chat as a friend, a partner, right? Besides, I liked Adrien...

Chat saw my look of puzzlement, grinned then leapt away into the dark of the night.

I stood there a moment, but another, more urgent beep shook me out of my trance.

I arrived in an empty alleyway just in time for my detransformation.

I was tired, and really wanted to go home to my comfy bedroom, filled with my posters of Adrien, my photos of Adrien, my drawings of Adrien...

But something didn't feel right. After Chat's words, I felt as if something in me was thrown off  balance. Like my love for Adrien had suddenly dimmed and my strange and messed up feelings for Chat had grown. But surely not, they can't have grown, because I don't like Chat Noir, not in that way, at least.

I needed to check something, I needed to check to see if my feelings for Adrien were still as strong as before.

"Fuel up Tikki, we're going to be paying someone a visit..."

Chat Noir/ Adrien's POV

"Plagg, claws in."

I fed Plagg some camembert and then sank into my couch, covering my face with my hands.

"Why do you look so sad Adrien? Do you want some of my camembert to cheer you up?"

I chuckled at Plagg's response. "It's not that much of a big deal Plagg, it's just that- well, Ladybug is still in love with that other guy, and I've loved her for so long that, I guess I'm just losing hope."

Plagg gulped down his camembert and then said, " Adrien, you've become so engrossed in Parmesan that you've forgotten that there are plenty of other cheeses on the platter too!"

"Plagg, girls aren't like cheese. They have feelings and if they don't like you back then there's really no point in loving them, is there?"

Plagg flew closer to my face. And then slapped me.

"Wake up Adrien! How do you know that Ladybug doesn't like you back, huh? Have you asked her? She says that she likes someone else, but that doesn't mean she can't like two people at once, right?"

Plagg took out another piece of camembert and then flew off, muttering: "this is why I stick with cheese, they aren't as complicated."

I rolled my eyes at Plagg's comments. He could act like a big man or kwami or whatever, but I've heard the way he talks about Tikki...

I looked outside my large window. Paris truly was beautiful at night. All of the apartment windows were lit up and Ladybug was zipping over the rooftops with her yoyo in hand....