hanging on: ladynoir x endgame

miraculous x marvel

inspired by black widow and hawkeye's scene in endgame on the cliff

(A/N: this is kind of sad  so be warned)

ladybug and chat noir must recover the lion miraculous in order to defeat hawkmoth, but for a terrible price.

The rain poured relentlessly on the two figures. The rain masked their tears, but the sounds of their sobbing could be heard under the thumping of raindrops.

"It's got to be me, M'Lady." said Chat Noir, reaching out to grab his lady's hand. "No, Chat! It's got to be me!" retorted Ladybug, looking down at Chat, her emotions overwhelming her. This couldn't be the end, it couldn't-

"M'Lady, listen to me. We have a chance to stop Hawkmoth, we have a chance to do that with the Lion miraculous, the one of Power. Only that miraculous will be powerful enough to stop him, but to get it, one of us has to sacrifice themselves." He paused, rubbing his face with his hands, "and it's going to be me."

Without another word, he leapt forward towards the cliff. "NO!" shouted Ladybug, swinging her yoyo and reeling him back just in time. "Kitty, don't do this to me. You can't die. You can't."

Chat Noir smiled at her through the veil of rain. "Getting soft, are we?" he said, with a trembling smile. Ladybug laughed and cried, all of her memories rushing back through her. They were Ladybug and Chat Noir. They were a team, the unstoppable duo that had battled Hawkmoth again and again, but to no success.

Ladybug looked at Chat Noir. He was the one by her side all these years. He was the one who comforted her when she was down. He was the one who made her laugh even on the worst of days. He was the one who loved her even though she kept rejecting him.

"You don't deserve me Chat." She said, running at the cliff. She was about to jump off when something big tackled her.

Strong arms pulled her up. She shivered as he placed his hands on her face. His warm touch was unfamiliar yet loving at the same time.

"I can't imagine being Ladybug without you, Chat. I can't. it's always been-"

"You and me against the world." finished Chat, his forehead resting against hers.

All of the emotions she had been holding in suddenly poured out of her. She cried, big fat tears that rolled down her face and slid down Chat's hands that were cupping her cheeks. Forget Adrien, she didn't love him anymore. Her mind cleared and she stared into Chat's eyes. His wide forest green eyes that had soothed her for so long, that had sometimes rendered her speechless.

She had to stop pretending. She had to realise that her love for him was true. She loved him. More than a partner, more than a friend. Her brain clicked and all thoughts of the "other boy" were erased. There was only one person in the world that she wanted more than anything, but she couldn't have him without losing him forever.

"I love you." she croaked, leaning into him, her body shaking, her sobbing quiet, yet loud, because although she had said these words before, they had been to the wrong person.

Chat widened his eyes, his heart thumping deafeningly, his smile broadening. "You don't know how long I've waited to hear that."

And he kissed her. Stars seemed to fly between their lips as their tongues started to dance. Fire meeting Ice. Creation meeting Destruction. Yin and Yang. Two opposites somehow finding love for each other at the world's end. The kiss sealed their years of pretending, of dreaming and longing. It didn't matter anymore, they had each other, and wasn't that enough?

Why couldn't they have a happy ending? Why must it end this way? Just when they had finally opened up about their love, only for it to be snatched away. As their kiss came to an end, reality dawned once again. Neither could live while the other survived. Her voice broke as she said, "we have to save the world from hawkmoth, but maybe we could try a different way, we could try again, we could-"

Chat pressed his lips against hers briefly, an urgent love trying hard to break free of fate. "we're the only miraculous holders left milady, and I can't bear to lose you. We've got to save the world, whatever it takes."

Ladybug's eyes widened as Chat broke free from their embrace and took a step forward towards the cliff. "No!" shouted Ladybug, as she attempted to lasso him with her yoyo, but Chat Noir ran faster and dragged her along with him. She hung on to the yoyo and tried to steady herself, so she could pull him back in, but instead, she lost her footing and rolled off the cliff.

"NO!" screamed Chat Noir. He flew off the cliff with her, grabbed ahold of her hand and used his baton to hang on to the cliff's edge. "You can't leave me, Milady, you can't." He said, choking back tears. Ladybug cried, but smiled through her tears, "Let me go." Chat refused, holding onto her more tightly. "Hang on, hang on," he whispered. He could feel his strength fading, but he still had enough to fling Ladybug back onto the surface.

"You can't save me this time Chat. It's okay," said Ladybug. Chat cried, his eyes meeting hers for the last time. "Take my earrings," she said. But Chat still refused, still looking at her with scared and broken eyes. Ladybug sighed, "Tikki, I renounce you." The earrings suddenly disappeared and reappeared back on the cliff's surface.

Chat's eyes widened. "Marinette? Y-your, your Ladybug?" His memories of the sweet baker girl filled his head. She was his classmate. His friend. His Ladybug. Marinette smiled at her kitty, the stupid cat that had made her fall for him. "Kitty, let me go."

"I can't," said Chat, his eyes watering, his voice shaking. "Let me go, it's okay," said Marinette. She looked at her kitty one last time. "Remember me, okay?" With a final smile, she let go of his grip and fell almost gracefully to the ground.

"NOOOO!" yelled Chat. His vision blurred, he knew that he was being taken to the location of the Miraculous. But he didn't want to leave her. His one love. His Ladybug.

He would defeat Hawkmoth. He would avenge her death.

Whatever it takes.

(A/N: voila, two shots in a day! yes I know the story's sad :( but I rewatched endgame on the weekend and I felt like writing this so there u go. personally ladynoir is my fav ship. will be updating maybe tomorrow? I think I'll be writing about either julerose or marcaniel.)