prom: adrienette

(A/N: I know that prom is generally an American thing and since they live in pairs it doesn't make much sense but just ignore that and think of it as a school dance ok?)

"Now's your chance, go ask him!" urged Alya, pushing her best friend to where Adrien was standing.

"What if he says no? I won't be able to handle it if he goes with Chloe, or even worse- Lila!" said Marinette, wincing as she saw Chloe approaching Adrien, like a lioness pouncing at her prey.

Marinette watched as Chloe opened her mouth to say something, and it didn't take a genius to figure out what she was asking him. But to Marinette's surprise, Adrien shook his head. New hope sparked through her. Alya took the opportunity to push Marinette forcefully toward Adrien, making her knock right into him.

Adrien looked down at Marinette. She was even more clumsier than usual today, but under that layer of stuttered words and weirdly stringed sentences was a kind heart. That was what Adrien liked about her.

"Hey Marinette," said Adrien, "did you want to say something?" Marinette stood up and smiled awkwardly, "Yes, I want you Adrien, I mean, I go to prom with me possible? I mean, possible for you to prom with me? I mean, ugh, do you want to go to prom with me? Uh as friends?"

Adrien nodded. "Sure Marinette! Anything for a friend." Marinette's eyes widened in surprise. She couldn't believe it- Adrien was going to prom with her!!

Marinette could feel that she was hyperventilating. She still couldn't believe that he had chosen her, when half the school would have wanted him to be going with them too.

...

The next few weeks passed in a blur, and the only thing on Marinette and everyone else's mind was prom. The pairs were: Alya and Nino, Alix and Kim, Juleka and Rose, Marc and Nathaniel, Ivan and Mylene, Max and Sabrina and of course Marinette and Adrien. Lila was going alone. (A/N:because no one liked her lmao)

Finally, it was prom night. The girls had spent the previous day dress shopping and Marinette absolutely loved the dress she had picked out. It was a strapless pink one, with silver trimmings and white flowers embroidered on the hem.

Sabine did her hair and made it hald-up-half down. Marinette barely recognised herself when she saw herself in the mirror. "I'm sure that Adrien will be impressed," came a voice behind her. It was Alya. They had decided to wait together for the boys to come pick them up. Alya was wearing a shimmering sunset coloured gown that was beautifully layered, she looked like a princess. "Omg Alya you look stunning!" said Marinette, as she squeezed her best friend.

A sudden honking sound came from the front of the house. Adrien and Nino had arrived. Marinette went pale. "Oh no Alya, what if he thinks I look weird with my hair like this, or even worse, what if he thinks that I smell?" Alya looked at Marinette and rolled her eyes, then led her out of the house to where the limousine was waiting.

...

Adrien was standing next to Nino when the girls arrived. And it was seriously quite a shock. Both of them looked beautiful as they stepped out of the door. But Adrien's eyes were drawn to Marinette. The way her dress hugged her hips perfectly and the way her hair tumbled down past her shoulders made her look like an angel.

"H-hey Marinette." said Adrien. For the first time in his life he was the one stuttering. "Hey Adrien," she said shyly. Adrien helped her into the car and they sped off towards the venue- the Jardin des Tuileries.

The ride there was silent and slightly awkward, and they were relieved when they arrived. Loud music instantly greeted the teenagers as they stepped out of the car. Marinette and Alya ran towards their friends and they laughed and danced to the music while complementing each other's dresses.

Suddenly the music softened and everyone started to slow dance. (A/N: excuse the cliche :/ )

Adrien appeared in front of Marinette. "Want to dance?" he asked, holding out his hand for her to take. "Uh yes I'd love to kiss with you! I mean dance with you!" she said blushing. Adrien took her hand with a smile and led her to the dance floor. He placed his hands on her waist and pulled her in gently, so that there was only a small gap between them. Marinette couldn't believe this was happening. She was dancing with Adrien again.

The DJ suddenly played a new slow ballad. Adrien looked at Marinette, a smile playing at the corners of his mouth. "This was the song we danced to in New York, remember?" How could Marinette forget, it was the best night of her life. "Yeah, I remember," she said, wrapping her arms around his neck as they swayed to the gently melody of the guitar strings.

Adrien breathed in and smelled the distinct tang of orange and cinnamon that came from Marinette. He felt so at ease with her and warm. They swayed to the music, her head resting on his chest, his arms around her waist.

Marinette knew it was now or never. She had to tell him how she felt. She lifted her head up from his chest and looked into his eyes. She immediately wished she hadn't. She put her head down again. From the corner of the room, she could see Alya giving her a thumbs up. She breathed in and breathed out slowly.

"Adrien, I have something to tell you." she said, looking up at him but avoiding his eyes. Adrien smiled at her reassuringly, urging her to go on. "Uh, I've wanted to say this for a long time, um," Marinette paused, this was it, "I love you Adrien."

Adrien's eyes widened as he looked at Marinette. He loved Ladybug, but at the same time he loved Marinette. And as he gazed into her bluebell eyes, his heart made it clear who he should choose.

"I love you too, Marinette." he said, pulling her in just enough to close the gap between them. Marinette's eyes widened as he lifted her head up gently and pulled her into a kiss.

(A/N: this isn't my favourite piece but I was running out of ideas for adrienette so there u go. Might upload a new part later on today :))