Maybe one day: ladynoir

"Chat, I don't know about this." Said Ladybug, biting her nails nervously.
His suggestion was a good one, for ages Ladybug had believed that it would be finally safe to reveal each other's secret identity since they had defeated Hawkmoth. There was also an unspoken "thing" between them that made her want to curse. Lately, she had felt closer than ever to Chat, whether or not it was because of his soft-spoken words or the trust that bonded them together, she didn't know.

Chat looked at her with his emerald eyes and whispered gently: "If you aren't ready yet, I'm not going to push you M'Lady. Just know that when you are ready, I'll be here." He took her hands and she warmed at his touch.

"I don't know, Chat. I have suspicion that Hawkmoth will not be the last obstacle that we have to face. Maybe one day, when we are absolutely sure that there are no more threats, I'll be ready."

Chat nodded, a small smile spreading across his face. "Until next time then M'lady." He said, and gently kissed her on the cheek.

Ladybug was paralysed, she didn't know what to do, but watch as Chat smiled sadly a final time and then leaped away.
She knew immediately that she shouldn't have responded so rashly. It had been 7 years of them fighting side by side, and surely he at least deserved an explanation.

"Chat, wait!" She called after him as she raced across the rooftops. Chat heard her and stopped. "Did you want to say something, bugaboo?"
Ladybug giggled, "I told you not to call me that!" But a warm feeling had spread through her and she couldn't help but blush slightly.
"I just wanted to say that, even though I'm not comfortable with sharing my identity with you, it doesn't mean that I don't trust you. You're so much more than just a partner to me, Kitty. You're the one I pour all of my worries onto, the one I rely on, the one who cheers me up no matter what. You know that right?"

Chat pulled her closer and held her tightly. "You don't know how much you mean to me, M'lady." He held onto her and she brought her arms around his shoulders. They stayed that way, as their miraculouses beeped they held on, scared to leave the other.
Finally Ladybug whispered, "I've got to leave, otherwise I'll reveal myself." Chat nodded and closed his eyes. "I love you Ladybug." He said, but when he opened his eyes, she was gone.

(A/N: sorry for not updating in a while! Also this story is a bit cliché so once again I apologise lol. I'm just really sad that lady noir hasn't gotten a lot of love in season 4 so I guess I'll just write one shots about them until the writers decide to address this wonderful ship.)