rooftops and candles: marichat

(A/N: this is basically an alternative ending to the episode glaciator so um yeah

Marinette looked around at the rooftop. Chat had really put in a lot of effort. Candles were lit on all sides, rose petals were scattered on the floor and in the middle were soft velvet pillows.

"Wow Chat," said Marinette. She was finding it hard to look for the right words. "I prepared this for Ladybug. She didn't come though." said Chat, frowning. Marinette looked at Chat. He must have really loved Ladybug to set this up for her.

Chat then turned to Marinette. "You said you got your heart broken too?" Marinette nodded sadly. Chat smiled charmingly and bowed. "Well I suppose we can't let this beautiful night go to waste."

He took a surprised Marinette's hand and helped her onto one of the pillows. "Uh- thanks?" Chat noticed the look on her face and smirked. "Don't worry Marinette, my heart is reserved for my lady, I won't try anything on you."

At this Marinette sighed a sigh of relief. She had been afraid that she had given him the wrong idea. Together the two talked as the sky darkened and the stars began to appear. Marinette was starting to realise that Chat wasn't just the cocky partner that she knew as Ladybug, but was in fact a really sensitive and vulnerable person, just like everyone else. And the way he treated her was nice. He didn't flirt too much but wasn't shy either. Maybe he only treated Ladybug that way.

Chat was also beginning to soften around Marinette. As Adrien, he had always thought of her as that kind but awkward person in the friend group who stammered and messed up her words. But Marinette wasn't like that around him. She was funny, understanding and above all confident. This was a side of her that he had never seen before.

Slowly, their energy began to fade, and Chat quirked up an eyebrow when he heard her yawn. "Tired, princess?" he asked, offering her a hand and lifting her up. "A bit," she said, smiling warmly at him. He lifted her up into her arms and leapt across the rooftops back to her balcony. Marinette had never felt so comfortable in someone else's arms.

Chat bent down and kissed her hand goodbye. He was about to leave when Marinette stopped him. "Wait kitty," she said, feeling a tinge of pink crawl its way up to her face. Chat stopped and turned in her direction. "You know that, that Ladybug is really lucky to have you, right?" she asked, somewhat guiltily.

Chat Noir smiled warmly and gazed into her ocean eyes. (A/N: billie stans where u at?)

"I'm even luckier to have you, princess."

(A/N: this was so short I'm sorry. I love marichat so much but I was kind of running out of ideas so yea. I don't know if I'll have time to upload another part today but I'll try.)