dark prince: marichat

This story is a marichat au (alternate universe), and it is set in the 1400's in the middle ages where Chat Noir was a famous knight and Ladybug was a warrior princess or smth. In this story, Marinette still owns a bakery.

Marinette couldn't sleep. She had just finished battling against Hawkmoth's forces and was exhausted. Once again, her partner Chat Noir, or the black cat, had made ridiculous puns and had flirted with him. She honestly didn't know what to think of his advances. He was dashing, that Chat, but in her mind, she knew that she loved Adrien, the King's Son, the prince.

She needed fresh air. Her room smelled of her father's sourdough loaves and of something damp. She grimaced, crawled out of her bedsheets and slipped on slippers. Her pearl pink nightgown was slightly too big and dragged on the floor as she lit a candle and stepped out onto her balcony.

The view from up there was beautiful. She could see the prince's castle in the distance. Oh, what she'd give to be with him on a night like this. A sudden voice broke her thoughts. "Good evening, princess." she looked down to see Chat climbing up her balcony railing. He was wearing his usual midnight black armour, his signature black ears perking up as he looked into her eyes.

"Hey Kitty, what are you doing here?" She asked. She couldn't lie, it was nice to have company tonight. "I couldn't sleep," said Chat, " and I figured I'd pay you a visit." She smiled, he really knew when to cheer her up, "I couldn't sleep either."

Chat smiled and climbed over the railing to stand next to her. They talked for a while, about him and Ladybug, about the unbelievable line of suitors waiting to charm the prince, and just about everything else. His words always had a way to reach her heart and for a moment, she forgot about the King's son and instead got lost in his deep green eyes...

They were interrupted by a low growling sound from chat's tummy. Marinette laughed, "Hungry, huh?" Chat nodded, a tinge of pink escaping from under his mask. "Hold on," she said. She tiptoed down to the kitchen, careful not to wake her parents. She poured him a glass of milk and a plate of cinnamon buns. She tiptoed back up to the balcony and offered him the food. "Thanks," he mumbled as he gulped down his milk and buns quickly. He looked so innocent as he ate. "Is this the only reason why you come? To eat my food?" She asked teasingly. Chat laughed softly, and for a second, his rough exterior melted away. "No, I just like talking to you."

"Milady and I have a mission and we won't be back for a while," said Chat, with a sad smile, "I'll miss you." He didn't know that she was Ladybug, so she knew that she wasn't going to miss him. "I'll be waiting for you when you come back." She said, her cheeks warming. "I know you will, " he said slyly. He reached out to grab her hand and kissed it gently. Marinette swatted him away. "Silly Kitty," she muttered, yet her heart was leaping.

Chat suddenly looked down at his ring to see that it was flashing. "I've got to go," he said sadly. He climbed back down the railing and just as quickly climbed up with a rose clutched in his hand. "Chat..." she said, speechless. He had offered her flowers before as Ladybug, but never when she was merely a baker's daughter. "Consider this a token of thanks- for the buns, of course," he said, gazing into her eyes and winking. She was slightly taken aback by this gesture and even more by the final flash of his ring.

"Chat! You're about to transform back!" Marinette said, laughing as she covered my eyes with her hands. "I know, I know." He said, also laughing. She heard a whooshing sound and knew that he had transformed back. The urge to see what he looked like was so great, but she forced herself to keep her eyes shut. "Goodbye, my princess," said Chat. "Go away you silly cat," she said, swatting him away playfully while still covering her eyes with her arm. "Alright, alright, I'm going," he chuckled, then kissed her quickly yet softly on the cheek.

"Chat..." Marinette was once again rendered speechless. She opened her eyes in surprise, only to see the figure of the prince walk away from my balcony...

A/N:

I know. I kept changing the perspective and it was so freaking messy but I absolutely am in LOVE with this scenario so yeah. judge me if u like but i would love to have been born in the middle ages and lie in meadows of flowers while eating freshly baked bread and dancing with a masked figure in a ball. alright imma stop now this is getting outta hand.

bye .