Chapter Twenty-Nine

Daphne sleeps awkwardly in her bed, on her front, her head sideways on her pillow and an arm and leg hanging off the side. Her blankets don't even cover her properly. She was too tired to care when she dropped into bed. Her wand even still clutched between her fingers. She was so tired. Too tired to care about anything by the time her head hit her pillow. Soft, feminine fingers pry the wand from her before a second hand appears and pushes Daphne into her bed properly, laying her on her back and then tucking her in.

"Remy" A gravely voice calls out. Green wings flutter and move to the second figure, hovering up behind them. Tinker and Sirius are illuminated by the glow of the wings sprouting from Tinker's back.

"Shush, Padfoot" Tinker teases, setting her hand over his mouth as she hovers in the air, her green fairy wings fluttering behind her. "Don't wake her" He hums in agreement against her hand and she removes it, setting it on his shoulder instead.

"This is the first time we've been able to interact with the world since our deaths, it is the first time since we gave her up that we can actually talk with her....forgive me, my fae, if I am a little excited about talking with our daughter" Tinker kisses his cheek and then flies over to hover over Daphne's sleeping form.

"In the morning" Tinker argues with him as she reaches out and brushes Daphne's hair back behind her ear. "Let her sleep" Tinker smiles softly, tracing Daphne's face with her fingers. She then hums and narrows her eyes slightly. She pats Daphne's cheek and then gives it a wiggle, yet the girl still sleeps. Tinker hums and lands on her feet next to the bed. "Doesn't seem to matter....she's dead to the world" Sirius peers over her shoulder at their daughter before he wraps his arms around Tinker, setting his chin on her shoulder. The two of them watching their daughter as she sleeps soundly.

"She looks just like you" He comments warmly. Tinker hums and cocks her head a little. 

"She doesn't wear her wings, even when unconscious they remain hidden" She points out, a little disappointed that Daphne hides that aspect of who she is.

"She lives in the muggle world, fae" He argues, pressing his head to the side of hers. "But there is something" He points out. She does see it. An orangey firey glow that lingers behind Daphne, where her wings would be. 

"A glow" Tinker agrees and sighs. Her wings flutter against his chest and side, trapped between the two of them. Sirius then pulls back, turning and heading for the bedroom door. Tinker turns a warning look on him. "Where are you going?" She hisses at him.

"I want to see what sort of muggles raised her," He tells her as he opens the bedroom door. "To see her world"

"Don't get caught" She warns and he waves over his shoulder before he disappears and a black dog takes his place. "Guess you can do that even when dead" Tinker offers, he barks quietly and then trots out the door. Tinker shakes her head and sits on the end of the bed. Her eyes are on Daphne as tears gather in them. Eighteen years. Long dead years. She missed it all. She missed out on it all. And Daphne missed out on her and Sirius. Tinker leans over and cups Daphne's cheek in her head, tears springing from her eyes as she takes in how grown up her daughter has become. And she missed it all. "I'm sorry" Tinker whispers sadly. 

..........

Damon lays on his couch, not sleeping just contemplating. He was so damn close tonight. If not for Elena....but he knows Elena didn't do it on purpose, it was just one of those things. But the more he thinks about it, the more he sways back and forth on it. Yes, he would like to kiss Daphne. That's not in question. What is, is if he should. He likes her. Enjoys spending time with her. But if kissing her is going to take that growing friendship away from him, then he doesn't think he should kiss her. He doesn't have many friends, very, very few actually. So to screw up a good friendship, an easy friendship, would be a terrible thing. He groans and covers his eyes with his arm. But he does like her. Immensely. Attracted to her, yes. Immensely. Every time he is around her all he wants to do is touch her. Kiss her. Take her to bed and ravish her. Just like she mentioned she wanted. A vase shatters against the floor somewhere behind him, jolting him from his thoughts, he lowers his arm and then sits up, narrowing his eyes before rolling them. There is only one person that could possibly be making noise.

"Keep it up, Stefan" He complains and pushes himself up to his feet. Of course Stefan is going to be a dick about everything that happened. Damon moves around the couch to where the vase lays broken into pieces. He bends down and starts picking up the pieces of the vase to clear it away but somebody hits him hard which sends him flying back to the floor. He groans and writhes a little in pain. Mason Lockwood lingers at the corner of the room with a smirk on his face.

"This is going to be fun"