Chapter One Hundred and Eight

There is not much to do but wait for Rose to get back to them. So they take time to rest up and freshen up. It's been a long day for them all but for Daphne specifically. It's drained her. She lays on her bed, clutching a pillow to her chest as she listens to the shower in the next room running. Damon. She doesn't like being alone though. Right now all she can think about is everything that's happened. The loss they suffered today. Kreacher. She's going to miss, and she didn't really know him all that well. The shower shuts off, followed by Damon's footsteps as he leaves the bathroom and heads for her room. He pauses outside the door, debating whether to let himself in or knock. He chooses to just walk in. He closes the door behind him and lets out a breath as he leans back against it, his eyes finding Daphne on the bed.

"Don't suppose there is anything to drink in this place?" She holds out her hand and wiggles her fingers. On the dresser, a bottle of whiskey appears. "Ah, as if by magic" He teases as he moves towards it. Daphne watches him as he opens up the bottle and takes a drink from it.

"What you did for Rose...." She starts and he wrinkles his nose. "That was really sweet" She finishes.

"I have been called many things over the years, Red" He starts and then laughs slightly at the thought of the people he's crossed in the past hearing this girl call him sweet. "Sweet is not one of them"

"Why don't you let people see the good in you?" She asks him. "Why is it only with me?" He lets out a breath and sets the bottle down before he lays next to her on the bed on his back.

"Because when people see good, they expect good" He turns his head and looks at Daphne. "And I don't want to have to live up to anyone's expectations" Daphne lets out a breath. It at least is an answer to half her question, because she's seen him with her, obviously, that is not the same attitude as he shows with other people. It is different with her. He turns onto his side and reaches over to gently grab and caress her hand before he laces his fingers with hers. She tilts her head a little, tapping into his mind because he's lying to her about that. Maybe not completely, but he is. With what Rose said and what she is seeing and feeling from him now. She knows that she is not the only one that feels certain things. He's in love with her. As she is with him. She doesn't want to beat around this anymore. She wants him to know that they are both on the same page.

"When were you going to tell me that you're in love with me?" She asks him, he is startled a little by the question and by the fact that she knows, that she went and looked into his head. He doesn't care that she did, but he does care that that is what she found. He's not exactly been hiding how he feels about her, and he doesn't actually think he would have had the nerve to voice it. Part of him is glad that she's started this conversation. That she is starting it. "You love me?" She asks him, he nods and draws his thumb over the back of her hand.

"I mean, I don't promise to watch over a corpse for anyone" He teases a little. She smiles a little and then leans up, pushing him back onto his back so she can straddle his waist.

"I love you too" She assures him. He raises an eyebrow, looking rather surprised, despite everything that they have been through together, despite his inner admission, it is like he wasn't expecting her to say it back. To feel the same back. But she did and she does mean it. She's never felt this way for anyone before. Ever. She does love him. He sits up and curls his hands around her face before he kisses her. It feels different this time. There is something in it that presses deeper. He moves his hands, curling his arms around her waist to pull her closer as he deepens the kiss. He feels it too. He pulls back a little, resting his forehead against hers.

"Strange" He admits. "Done that so many times, but...." He lets out a breath and closes his eyes "It felt like our first kiss to me" She hums and nudges his nose with hers before she kisses him again.

"Once you say 'I love you,' a kiss has to taste differently." She whispers against his lips.

"Maybe we should test a few other things?" He teases, she chuckles and then pushes him back against the bed with a firm hand on his chest. Suddenly, there is a hurried knock on the door and Damon groans. These Gilberts and their habit of interrupting.

"Yes?" Daphne asks as she draws her fingers over Damon's chest.

"Rose found Mary. She lives in Kansas" Jeremy states through the door, probably thinking better than just walking in, like his sister would have done. At least the younger Gilbert has that going for him.

"Okay," Daphne whispers and looks down at Damon who gives her a look of understanding back. They need to deal with this. Whatever was about to happen here can wait until later. Preferably in a house that they are alone in.

"Let's go" Damon assures her as he pats her backside. "But let's keep this energy and that look for later" He motions to her eyes and the hunger he sees in them. She smirks and nods before she climbs off of him.

.......

Damon drops a bag at the front door of Grimmauld and then folds his arms over his chest as he waits for Jeremy and Daphne. They are in a little more of a rush now. Just in case Kol figures out what they are doing or where they are going. None of them wants to clash with him again, especially Daphne, considering. Damon lifts a hand to rub his chest over his heart. His heart feels different as it beats in his chest. Lighter. Connected even. With her. Now that they've gotten the whole love thing out of the way, he's not worrying about it so much. He still worries about her, but it's less about the way she feels about him. Jeremy is next to join him, followed by Daphne, though she has not got her bag with her. Which means she is not ready to leave. Damon gives her a look and nudges his own bag with his foot. She shakes her head.

"Just leave the bags here," She tells him as she pulls her ponytail tight. "We'll come back for them when we're finished" Damon frowns a little.

"We're not using the portkey?" Damon asks as he and Jeremy follow after her as she moves to the living room door.

"No" She argues. "It's set to a location, so we'd be going back to Mystic Falls" She heads into the living room. "There is an office of MACUSA in Dallas" She informs them. "It will get us closer"

"Cowboy wizards?" Damon teases, she smirks over her shoulder at him.

"You joke but...yes" She admits. He raises an eyebrow. She shrugs and rolls her eyes. "I don't get it but....whatever" She moves to a cabinet next to the fireplace and pulls out a small pouch.

"Okay, so how are we getting there?" Jeremy asks. "Another portkey?"

"No" Daphne answers. "We're using the Floo Network" She moves back over to them and stops at Damon. "Take a handful of this" She holds out the pouch. He takes a handful of the powder. She places the pouch back into the cabinet and then steps into the fireplace. Damon and Jeremy both kind of stare at her. "Come on" She pushes them and they hurry to join her, standing on either side of her. Daphne then takes their hands in hers. "When I say the destination, throw the powder down," She tells Damon who nods, he has no idea what is happening, but this can't possibly be as bad as travelling via the portkey. Daphne takes a deep breath. "MACUSA. Dallas" Damon throws down the powder, and with a flash of green flames, they are gone.