Chapter Sixty-Seven

Damon stands on the porch of the Gilbert house waiting on Daphne to get changed

Damon stands on the porch of the Gilbert house waiting on Daphne to get changed. It is still a dinner event and she felt better about making an effort. It showed that they are serious about their talk. Which they are. But they need to buy time and get comfortable with Klaus and Elijah at dinner They just need to buy enough time for Bonnie and Abby to get that coffin opened. The door opens behind him as Daphne steps out onto the porch, she closes the door behind her and he turns to greet her. She really has made an effort. Make up. Hair. She looks beautiful. He lets his eyes wander down over her outfit. Though he can't see much of it because she is wearing a cream trench coat sort of thing over the top.

"I really want to make a comment about you flashing me in that thing" He mumbles, she smirks at him and then shakes her head. "Are you even wearing anything under it?"

"Of course I am, Perv-ula" She argues. "It's just covered" She motions at the coat.

"Now I can't wait" He mumbles as she takes his hand. "Wait, are we teleporting again?" He argues, she gives him a look.

"It's not called that, but yes" He groans and throws his head back. His stomach has only just recovered from the last time they did something like this. "Relax, it's not as bad as using the portkey" She frowns and looks at him. "We've apparated together before"

"Yeah, but..." He whines a little, she smirks at him and then does it anyway.

......

At Klaus's Mansion, the front door opens on Daphne and Damon stood on the other side. Elijah is the one to greet them. Dressed in a tailored suit. Daphne hasn't met this one yet. And from what the others have told her, he is the more civilised one. The one that they have a higher chance of getting on their side. A deal keeping kind of guy.

"Ah, the other Gilbert sister" Elijah's eyes scan over Daphne. "Daphne. It's nice to meet you"

"Elijah..." She greets back. "I would say it's a pleasure, but so far my experience with you Originals has proven otherwise and you all keep trying to murder my family so forgive me if I am not currently raving"

"Understandable" Elijah assures her. "Do come on in"

"Thank you" Daphne offers and moves into the house followed by Damon. Elijah closes the door behind him. And it shuts with a very audible click. It's basically a sign to them that they are now fully within the lion's den. Two on two.

"Niklaus, our guests have arrived" Elijah states as Daphne pulls off her coat and Damon's breath catches. It's nothing formal, it's just a little dress, but it's clinging to her figure. Cutting off mid-thigh. She really looks beautiful.

"Damon. Daphne" Klaus greets as they walk towards him in the dining room ahead. "Elijah tells me, you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, and women, shall we?" Damon places his hand on the small of Daphne's back. Both of them are a little tense, considering where they are and what they are doing. They are going to have to rely on their wits and intelligence to get through this dinner. Elijah and Klaus are going to be faster than them, meaning they likely won't get to physically do anything if it came to a fight. She's not going to be able to get a spell out if they are attacked. Klaus motions behind him, to where there is a table set up with food on it. Two female servants are standing in the room.