Chapter Eighty-Four

Daphne stands at the window of Damon's bedroom, her mug of coffee in her hand as she stares out over the view beyond, her cell phone pressed to her ear as she pulls a face. Disgusted with the request just made of her. Elena is trying to get her to go outside and exercise. She has absolutely no interest in doing that.

"Jogging" Daphne draws out down the phone. "I'm sorry, I'm unfamiliar with the concept" She teases. Elena chuckles down the phone. "I don't need to jog, Elena. I am a fine ass specimen as I am" Elena snorts and Daphne pulls an offensive face as she checks her reflection in Damon's mirror. "Plus I have plans to be as nosy as possible today. Damon's left me unsupervised in his supermassive house and I am going to be a total fucking creeper and rummage through his things" Daphne moves to her bag at the end of the bed and crouches to rummage through it. She is not really planning on going through Damon's things, but she does have plans that do not involve her wearing Lycra and running around like an idiot. She throws a book on the bed, the title reading; Enchanted Jewellery. She got a text from Damon regarding what happened to Alaric and his new psycho girlfriend. He also asked her to look into jewellery turning feral. She assumes he has a theory and to be honest it wouldn't be the strangest thing to happen, jewellery has gone bad before. She is guessing that he thinks it's to do with Alaric's anti-death ring. "But you and Matt have fun" She teases and then hangs up, throwing her phone onto the bed next to the book. She lets out a breath and nods. She is going to have to get a good feel of the ring to be sure that there is something wrong with it. But it doesn't sound good.

.....

Lunchtime rolls around and hunger hits Daphne like a bitch. So she leaves the Salvatore Boarding House and heads for the Grill. Shrugging off her jacket as she walks inside. She knows Damon told her to rest but she got really hungry. So here she is. Opting to go to the Grill because it turns out that Damon has nothing in his fridge but champagne, whipped cream, strawberries, and beer. Whilst a champagne lunch sounds nice and tasty, she does need to actually eat something now, something real. It's been three days since she last ate and she is starting to feel it. Damon and Stefan are at the bar drinking. Damon spots Daphne and nods for her to join them. Likely going to scold her for leaving the house and his bed when he specifically told her to rest. She shakes out her hair and yawns into the back of her hand before she bumps into Rebekah Mikaelson, literally bumps into her as they both try to manoeuvre around a table. Images and voices flicker through Daphne's mind. Memories and thoughts from Rebekah are kind of knocked into her.

"Sorry" Daphne starts only to abruptly cut herself off when she realises that it's the blonde. Rebekah gives Daphne the old once over before she walks away. Daphne shakes her head and turns heading towards the bar.

"What was that?" Damon asks her when she reaches where he and Stefan are at the bar.

"I don't know" She draws off and sits next to him with a hum. Thoughtful. "I think I accidentally slipped into her mind when I bumped into her"

"Oooo" Damon teases. "Anything good?" She turns to him and nods.

"Maybe" She answers. "What do you know of the logging mill records?" Stefan and Damon both give her a weird look with that question. It is so left field of what they were talking about. "She's looking for something...urm" Daphne closes her eyes and shifts through the information she took from Rebekah. "Maybe I'm mixing it up with someone else" She voices as she frowns opening her eyes. "I'll think about it later" She offers and leans on the bar to look for a bartender. "Anyone serving?" She asks and then flops back into her seat. "How are you feeling, Stefan?" She inquires, Stefan snorts and takes a long drink from his glass.

"You'll have to excuse my little brother, he's jonesing for some O positive" Damon offers, Daphne nods a little, understanding that he's having some troubles since she managed to flick that switch and bring him back, he's reverted to bunny muncher Stefan.