Chapter Forty-Four

Note: So I did a bit more thinking on the whole vampire magic thing and it occurred to me that Daphne would technically become a vampire-fairy hybrid, so she would still have access to fae magic. It would be a good way for her to connect to that part of her heritage since she missed out on learning anything at Hogwarts or from her mother. (I would think with the phoenix as well, that she'd have access to darker magics, like expression, once she's a vampire; that it would feed off the darker aspects of her core; or even something opposite of what she has, she has Ancient 'pure' magic, so maybe what all the dark wizards and witches use is actually Ancient 'dark' magic)

- As for how she becomes a vampire, I think either no humanity Elena (after Damon and Stefan push her to turn her emotions back on) or Katherine (towards the end of season four) or something to do with Enzo or Wes and the Augustine stuff (In season five)

.....~~~......

Daphne sits in front of her 'chemistry' set which bubbles away. She holds up the spellbook and frowns, her lips moving away as she reads from it. She can't remember how long she's been at this. But it's been a while. She wants to just focus on doing magic. On doing spells. Because she knows she is good at that. She can stay safe and alive just in her bedroom, doing her little spells. She can also avoid Damon too, but she doesn't really want to think about him right now. Her phone has been ringing, none stop, for a while. She just can't bring herself to look at it. In case it is Damon. She knows what she did. But it's starting to get on her nerves and she is honestly considering turning it off. Instead, she caves. She pulls offer her goggles and throws them aside before she grabs the phone. Elena's name flashing on the screen. She takes a deep breath and then accepts it.

"What?" She asks down the phone as she rubs at her eyes.

"It's about Jeremy" Elena answers. "Can you come to the grill?"

"No" Daphne argues, her eyes flickering around her room. She needs to stay here. She needs to stay away from everyone. At least until she's calmed herself down. Got her head around what's happened. Finds a way to keep herself, and therefore everyone else safe.

"Daph, please, I need your help here, Jeremy needs us" Elena begs. And Daphne does find it very hard to say no here. Jeremy is their baby brother.

"Can't you just tell me over the phone?" Daphne asks. "I can't leave this spell"

"Are you serious?" Elena counters. "This is Jeremy"

"Yeah, and this spell is for your boyfriend" Daphne counters. "After what happened with Klaus, we need another way to get Stefan back and deal with Klaus...Jeremy can handle his shit for a few days" She then hangs up and turns off her phone just so she can't be disturbed further. She rubs her hand into her head, not willing to admit that she doesn't want to go to the Grill because there is a chance she might bump into Damon. She's not ready to talk about what happened, and she is not ready to talk about her creeping out in the middle of the night. She feels like shit. She knows that it was a shitty move. And she really didn't think that it would be her. But here they are. And she did it. She feels terrible that she did. Because she actually likes him. That's why she's freaking out so much. Because he's a vampire. Because that's all around her. She's never been at risk as much as she is here. All it takes is one wrong move. And she is dead. Then it wakes. It wakes and destroys everything she loves and cares for. It's been drilled into her to not let that happen. That it will be too dangerous to let it out. She just got caught up in everything. Caught up in the vampires and the drama and she didn't stop to think what it could actually do to her. She isn't the sort of person to abandon her family. Jeremy is her little brother. This isn't her. She doesn't hideaway. Moping away. Not when her family needs her help. Which means she is going to have to pull on her big girl panties and leave her room.