Chapter Five

Starlette

Sliding out of my limousine into the Met Gala was always my dream. I never went because I didn't really have a purpose but now that I do, this was about to get real interesting. With our little plan, I knew for a fact it would ruin Harry's reputation and the Met Gala.

In my crimson dress, I actually feel so feminine and strong—all the best parts of womanhood blossoming into a broad smile. A dress that shows the best of me and leaves little to the imagination is both a cocoon and platform for my inner-butterfly. Adding to that, with my curls straightened and slicked back and the clicking of my crimson heels, I feel like the damn devil in disguise.

Aurelia slides out of the limousine—her baby pink dress flowing down and her strawberry blonde hair pulled up into a loose and elegant bun. Even Josh and Ryder look as handsome as ever with their black ravishing suits and their slicked back hair. Who knew we actually cleaned up so nice? I guess there's a first for everything.

Linking arms with Aurelia, the four of us amble down the red carpet. There's a sense of rosy soul that comes through this red carpet, as if its bright and bonny hue raised an arromance within. Ever since I was a little girl I always dreamt of attending a Met Gala and walking the red carpet but little did I know that it was gonna be one hell of a ride too.

With the cameras flashing in our direction and microphones being pushed into our faces, I smile and wave politely like I always do. It's pretty hard to make out faces in the crowd when you're blinded with constant flashing cameras and screams about their favourites.

Finally, we make it into the Gala where people stay to the sides of the building and celebrities flood the middle as they pose for their pictures. I'll have to say that their dresses and different clothing are a sight for sure as I've never seen anything like it before. However, I push away the thoughts of each person and focus on what I'm supposed to do.

What did catch my attention is Harry. With his black lace outfit and slicked back curls, a small smile befalls my lips. What saddens me is that with my help, that smile that's attached to his lips is going to be removed in a matter of thirty minutes. However, what really takes my breath away and makes my heart stop is when his eyes land onto me. His eyes widen slightly and he quickly composes himself.

"Starlette, Harry's right there. Are you going to confront him?"

"Go and give that son of a b*tch what he deserves!"

"If I were you, I wouldn't hold back!"

The constant nagging keep on coming and all I do is roll my eyes. Aurelia strings me along through the floor until I'm so close to Harry. Even though she didn't mean it, I sort of hate her for putting me so close to him. His cheutreuse green irises scan me up and down and he clenches his jaw tightly.

"Starlette, what a shame that you decided to turn up," Harry fake smiles as he shows up beside me. My eyebrows furrow and I look around to see people staring at me and wondering what I'll do next. So I do the only thing I could think of right now; I shrink back.

"Harry, please don't hurt me!" I screech as I take a step backwards slightly pull Aurelia in front of me for protection. With wide eyes, I know for a fact he's confused and angry but I didn't care—I have a damn purpose. "I'm sorry but the public had to know what a jackass you are!" I exclaim as I feel the fake tears beginning to form in my eyes.

"What? I did nothing to you, Starlette!" He exclaims as he tries to reach for my arm but I jerk myself back. "Stop making a damn scene!" He growls as he inches closer to me.