Chapter Thirty-Four

Harry Styles

Why the hell did I leave her alone? I should've known that she's dumb as hell and would practically leave the house if it came down to her chocolate cravings. I should've at least put something on her phone that lets me know she's leaving the house if she doesn't tell me.

Pacing up and down the hallway of the hospital, I continually run my hand through my hair to calm down my nerves. What if something happened to my son? What if we lost our little boy over my and her stupid mistakes? What if—no, stop with the what if's.

It's been half an hour since they took her in and with every minute, I could feel my heart picking up and my head pounding. I just didn't want to believe that my child would be lost over a series of events. Did I have to be famous? I should've thought of the consequences of fame when I would have a child.

Pacing up and down, what takes me off guard is when I see another four doctors rushing towards me and into the room Star is in. "Hey, what's happening? Hey! Someone answer me!" I exclaim as I grab onto a male doctors shirt but he doesn't hesitate to push me back.

"Excuse me, sir. I'm in no position to give information while the patient is in the room. You need to move aside, there's an emergency!" He exclaims firmly. Turning his back, he rushes into the room and I feel my heart increase in speed with all the urgency. What if something happens to Star and our boy?

"Oh God, oh God, what am I going to do?" I mumble over and over again as I feel the tears stream down my face and I hyperventilate. I fall to my knees as I feel the sobs consume me and I stare down onto the marble floor. How on earth can I live when I don't have her by my side or lose the son I'm set on? How can I breathe without them with me?

With the rising and falling of my chest, the tears streaming down my face, I feel a hand on my shoulder. My eyes widen and I jump back to see a woman in her twenties with brown straight hair and hazel eyes. "Excuse me? What are you doing?" I snap as I wipe the tears off my cheeks and stand.

"Hey, it's okay. I just saw you crying and I wanted to be there. I'm a volunteer in this hospital and I like comforting people when they really need it," she says with a tight smile. She holds her hands up in surrender and I take a step back from a woman I don't know.

"Uh, I really appreciate that but I don't need comforting from someone I don't know. I'm perfectly fine dealing with this alone," I say as politely as I can and I see her nod slightly.

"It's fine. I'm Katie if you ever need me. I'll be around with the people who's probably crying on the floor," she sarcastically says with a slight chuckle. With that, I couldn't help but laugh but I quickly stop myself. What am I doing talking to a woman when I have a girlfriend and child who's fighting for their lives?

"Uh okay, I'll let you get back to that," I tightly smile as I glance at the white doors again.

"Unless you want me to stay? I can probably be of great help?" She asks with a small smile. Placing her hand onto my arm, her thumb strokes the skin and I feel my heart drop. Thinking of Starlette, I push her hand away so I don't get any unexplainable pictures of me with this woman when clearly my girlfriend is fighting for her life with my son.

"No thanks. I'm fine," I snap with a smile.

"Okay..." she mumbles and walks away. I stare at her back as she walks away but my attention is captured when I see the white doors slide open and a doctor walks out.

"Doctor, is she alright? What's happening?" I ask quickly as I stare at him with wide eyes and an anxious and sad heart in my chest.

"Mr Styles, we're doing everything we can. There has been many complications and she has lost a large amount of blood from this previous incident she was placed in. We need to transfuse blood immediately before she loses anymore blood, is that alright?" He asks.