Chapter Forty-Three

Harry Styles

Being in the police station with Starlette and Xavier in the waiting room, I didn't want to leave them alone. I practically forced Star out of the house because it wasn't safe when I'm not around and lets be honest, it's for the sake of my mind. I couldn't leave them at all.

With the room coloured in grey, a single table in the middle and a two faced mirror on the wall, I take a deep breath and look over to my lawyer, Andrew. "Harry, let's go over this again. You have the right to remain silent if you feel like it's not necessary to answer," he says as he places his hand on my shoulder and I nod in agreement. I knew this legal stuff inside out because as a rockstar, you had too.

With the door opening, I turn to see a dark complexioned man with brown eyes and slicked back hair walk in with his black suit. "Mr Styles, what a pleasure," he smiles with his pearly whites and he shakes my hand.

"Pleasure is all mine," I lie. With that, we both take a seat and stare right at eachother.

"So, we're had a recent breakthrough with another witness who has come forward. I just want to ask you a few questions and I'll like to inform you that I'm recording you," he says.

"Yeah, sure," I say with a tight smile.

"Okay, so we've had a witness come forward about the incident back then. He states that he saw you deliberately call the police after planting the use of substances-" he says.

However, I cut him off. "Let me stop you there," I quickly interject as I hold my hand out. "Alex was throwing a party on the night and when I came, he was passed out on the couch. He clearly overdosed and I had no idea he had drugs tucked in his home. I called for the sake of his health but I didn't know, okay?" I snap as I narrow my eyes slightly.

And whatever I said was true. There was a party, there was Alex on the couch—clearly overdosed, and I definitely called the ambulance. If I never did that, he would've lost his life and I don't regret sending him to prison. It's better than death itself. Just seeing him passed out with foam in his mouth and eyes closed, it was a horrible sight to witness.

With a few more questions, he finally stops. "Okay, thank you for your information, Mr Styles," the man says with a nod. "You're free to go, however, we will keep in contact with you," he says and I agree with a slight nod. I knew for a fact that they wouldn't let me off the hook so easily so I just agree.

"No problem," I say as I shake his hand. With that, I rise from my chair and walk right out of the room with my back straight and my head held high because I know I didn't do anything wrong. My lawyer, Andrew, walks behind me as we continue to make our way outside.

Seeing Starlette with Xavier, I couldn't help but smile. With my lips blooming into a full blown smile, I see her hold him up as her hands remain tucked underneath his arms. Xavier erupts into a fit of giggles, a smile blooming onto his lips and I realise it's his first. It's his first of smiling and laughing and he had to do it in a damn police station.

"Look who's here, baby. It's daddy!" She exclaims with a smile as she turns him over to face me. "Say hi daddy!" She squeaks in her baby voice which I find way too adorable. She holds up his tiny hand to wave and I can't help but laugh with my head tilting back.

Well, you see, this is what I want in life. Just seeing the two most important people in my life laughing and smiling without the worries of society and the world in our way. I just wanted to give them a place where they can call home and I want Xavier to feel the normality of his childhood that I never experienced before.

"Hey, Xav," I say as I grab him and hold him against me. "How's my boy? Can daddy get a fistbump?" I ask as I curl my fist. With a small weird baby noise, I fist bump his tiny hand and I feel my heart swirl with utter joy. This is all I wanted. I wanted to see his smile everyday of my life—how cute is that?

Walking out, Star pulls the pram with her while Xavier remains attached to my chest. Luckily the paparazzi aren't around us so we quickly slide into our car and I ignite the engine. "So, when are we doing it?" She asks.

"Now," I voice as I pull out of the parking space. I just couldn't believe we're finally leaving everything behind. I built a whole life for me in the spotlight and now I'm just giving it up without hesitation.

"What?" She shrieks as she looks over to me.

"You heard me. I already called my man. He's set up the house and how we're going to get out. We just have to walk in, and straight through the back-door. Our car is over there with our luggage and he'll ship the rest of our stuff under his name. Paparazzi are already there too so it'll be over the news," I explain as I say all the things I planned with Zack.

"We're doing this now, now?" She says and I nod because it's true. There's no other better time but to leave the spotlight right now. "Okay, let's do this, baby," she continues. With that, I step onto the gas and I make our way to the house that would be the end to our old lives.

♡♡♡

Starlette

Holding Xavier in my arms, I stare out of the window as I see so many people gathered around. The gate is tall so they won't be able to follow but they'll see the house burning down. It's apparently a vacation house that we have and we're using it to escape temporarily in their eyes.

"Are you okay? Are you ready for this?" He asks and I nod. "Okay, then let's go," he says. With that, we both open our doors and we hear the screaming fans outside of the gates. There's a whole crowd right outside and I'm so thankful we're trapped inside even if we're faking our deaths in this moment.

Slamming the door close, Harry walks beside me and I lower my head so no one can see me. I pull Xavier close to my chest so they can't see him as well and without another thought, I'm walking straight through the front door. "Now what?" I ask and I see him slam the door.

"You both head to the car. Zack made sure that no one is there and I'll make sure the fire has started. I need to make sure that everything is in place so it's believable," he says and with that, I nod. I know whatever he's doing is going to protect us.

Walking straight through the back door, I hold Xavier to my chest and spot the large black van. With the number plate of 'HSX', I know for a fact that Harry did that. I think he even mentioned wanting to put our initials on the number plate but I don't remember the details.

I spot a man with black slicked back hair and a suit and he guides me into the van. "Right here, Mrs Styles. Just wait in here and Mr Styles will come right in as soon as possible," he says. I thank him and sit in back seat beside Xavier and I fasten him into his baby seat. I make sure he's firmly tucked in because if we're on the run, I feel like it's about to be hectic.

Turning over, I finally see the house burning. The thick black smoke has finally erupted into the air and the red and orange flames are visible to the crowd outside. Just seeing the flames and smoke just reminded me of how real this all is— how we're finally leaving.

However, I realise Harry isn't here. He hasn't even left the house yet. What if something bad happened to him? What if I'm left alone to raise Xavier without his father? How am I going to survive without him beside me? Just seeing the house made me realise how I haven't thought this through. For God sakes, he could be dead inside right now.

But what really takes me off guard and sends relief rushing through my body is when I see Harry running away from the fire and coughing. He slides into the driver and ignites the engine without another thought. With a sigh of relief, I thank God for bringing him to me.

"Oh thank God, you're alright. You really scared me for a second," I say with a sigh.

"Didn't I promise you that I'll never leave?"

(Hey lovelies! What did you think?)

~Love, Natalie