Chapter Forty-One

Starlette

Watching Aurelia use the knife on my son is definitely the worst thing I can experience. Just seeing the murderous glint in her eyes as she gazes down and uses the metallic surface to slice made my skin crawl and heart pump.

Even Harry looked horrified. With his wide eyes and a scream piercing my ears, I could tell he was the most scared he's ever been. Who wouldn't be? When you see your child in danger, you can't help but feel yourself succumb to the terrors and darkness.

Thankfully, with the police officer, he manages to come right on time. With our endless bickering, we managed to pull Aurelia and Katie's attention enough for him to slip behind Aurelia and hold her back. With that, Harry jumps in and grabs Xavier, stuffing him in his arms and holding him with dear life.

"You're both under arrest for the attempted murder of a newborn child. You have the right to remain silent and everything you say can be held against you in court," the officer voices as he slips the cuffs on both of the women. Just seeing them being hauled off is definitely a relief. "I'll be back for you, Mr Styles," he says as he glances at him briefly.

However, I don't care about anything. All I care about is that my son is safe with me. Taking him away from his father, I hold him tightly against my chest and hug him. Even though he's figgedy, I still manage to calm him down. The worst part is that there's a slice on his neck, revealing blood which startles me.

"Harry, he's bleeding," I exclaim as I analyse each aspect of his body. With the blood oozing down his neck, and small body all fragile, I couldn't help but feel suffocated. I hated how much of a bad mother I am already.

"We have to get to the hospital right now. I want to make sure he's okay and we have to check you out soon," he voices as looks down at Xavier. "Hey baby. Oh God, I'm so sorry about this all. You're alright—we're alright," he quickly says as he kisses his tiny hand.

"Hopefully we are. I'm so sorry, baby. All these people are the worst," I mumble as I hug him against me and cradle him back and forth. I hug my son like my life depends on it and I realise I can't let him go. With all this trauma early in his childhood, I'm scared it'll scar him.

♡♡♡

Standing beside the nurse as she checks him, I make sure everything about her is normal. Parents aren't even supposed to be in this room but I pulled the kidnapping card so here we are now. I'm just not too fond of leaving him or even ever after everything that just happened.

Harry's arms are crossed as his hand is under his chin and he rocks back and forth. I could tell he's nervous and worried but so am I. Even though Xavier suffered, I guess we all suffered in our own ways as well and I hated how we couldn't have a normal life.

"Doc, please tell us he's okay. Will he be scarred?" Harry asks as he breaks the silence.

"He's fine. His wound isn't cut deep so with the medicine I'll prescribe, he'll be okay in a matter of days, however, it will scar on his neck," she says with a sigh and holds him to her chest tightly.

"Oh God, this is so bad. He'll grow up-" I begin but Harry silences me with his words.

"Will he have trauma?" He asks as he gazes into her eyes before glancing down at Xavier.

"It's hard to tell so soon but there are chances there will be some signs. Thankfully, his health is perfectly fine and he looks good. Just apply this medicine I give you twice a day-" she says as she holds the small tub up. "And he'll be good as new," she says with a small smile and hands my son back to me.

"Okay, thank you, Doc," Harry says with a firm handshake and smiles down at her.

"It's fine. Don't stress it, guys. I know you're new parents and this just happened, but it'll be alright. Just have some faith," she says as she tucks her black strands of black hair behind her ears and her hazel eyes glance between us.

With a firm handshake, a smile and nod, Harry pulls me along with Xavier in my arms to my room. I realise I never actually had a break. I know as a mother, it's unlikely but I never had one after birth. I jumped straight into the world and ran after our son like I'm crazy.

Sitting onto my bed, Harry takes a seat beside me and holds Xavier in his arms. "Hey baby," he whispers as he places a kiss on his forehead. "You're alright, mummy's alright and I'm alright. We're alright," he whispers as he places another kiss onto his head.

I sink into my bed and I feel my eyes flutter open, but I know it's too easy. With a nurse walking into the room, my eyes snap open. "Sorry to disturb you, I'm here to check up on you, Starlette. After that, you're free to go," she says with a smile and her honey brown eyes glance in between the three of us.

"Oh yeah, sure," Harry says as he stands up. However, I place my hand on his arm and he glances down at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Don't leave me," I whisper as I shake my head slowly.

With that, he leans down and kisses my forehead. "I'll never leave you," he whispers and sits on the chair beside me with Xavier in his strong and tattooed sleeve arms. He rocks him back and forth and I pay attention to them as the nurse makes sure I'm okay.

However, I'm far from okay. Ever since Xavier was kidnapped, it was like a piece of me left. It was like I was stuck in sea, the current drowning me and I'm left trying to keep afloat. Physically I'm fine, but I'm emotionally I'm bruised. Emotionally, I can't seem to cope.

"Hey, Star, are you okay?" Harry asks as he sits beside me. By now, the nurse has gone and Xavier is beside me in his little closed bed. Wrapping his arms around me, I lean back onto his chest and he places a kiss on my hair. "Talk to me, baby," he whispers softly.

I sigh because I don't know what to say. What am I supposed to say? My mind is everywhere—it's stuck in a deep current, drowning deep. I couldn't even string my words into a sentence. "Harry, I don't even know what to say," I whisper as I blink back the tears and stare at our son sleeping soundlessly.

"Okay, tell me how you felt. Tell me everything even if you can't put it into words. Speak your mind, baby. We're apart of eachother and I want to know you," he whispers as his thumb strokes my arm.

Turning over, I stare into his eyes and grab his hands into mine. "Harry, I can't do this anymore. We've dealt with so much crap even before he's born and now that he is, we can't even protect him. Everyone is out to get us and you saw how bad people can get even for revenge. I don't know if I can take this pain of fearing—fear that will consume me. It's this pain that I'm constantly thinking someone will take him away because we have so many enemies," I rant and lets say that I'm relieved.

"Star, what are you saying?" He asks as his eyebrows furrow together.

"I'm saying, let's run away, darling."

(Hey lovelies! What did you think?)

~Love, Natalie