Chapter Forty-Two

Starlette

If someone asked me why I said that, I couldn't give them a straight answer. Actually, it's a mix of thing—from Xavier's kidnapping to our f*cked up lives in the spotlight. Everything just seemed to take a toll on me as all I wanted to do was run away and not look back. What was left in this life anyways?

It's funny how someone can make a bigger impact in a matter of months. It's funny how the people you knew for all your life can turn their backs like you meant nothing. But I don't care. I have the two most important people in my life and that's all I need for always.

"Are you serious? Star, don't play me like that," Harry quickly states as he rips his hands away from mine. "Please tell me you aren't playing," he continues as his eyes stay wide.

"I'm not playing with you. I'm serious. I'm saying let's just run away and not look back. I'm sick of this life and it's just not safe for Xavier—even for us both," I plead as I grab his hands and desperately plead with my eyes.

"So you're not playing me?" He asks and I shake my head. I wouldn't play with something this big that would affect our lives. "You're dead serious?" He continues and I roll my eyes.

"Harry, for f*ck sakes! I'm serious. I want to run away with you. I want to go across the country with no one knowing who we are and I want to start a life where Xavier is safe," I snap as I huff in complete annoyance.

"So you're serious?" He asks again. With that, I fall back onto my bed and turn over with a long huff. "Okay, okay, you're serious," he whispers as he leans back onto the bed and drapes his arm around my waist. He places a sweet kiss on my hair and for a moment, I forget the world we're in. "Let's run away, darling," he whispers.

Being apart of someone was something I never dreamed of. I never expected to find love because I was the type of girl who did things on her own. I wanted to be an independent and strong woman without the need for a man. However, I did realise something.

I am a strong and independent woman.

I am a strong and independent woman who always has desires to find and want love. There's nothing wrong with finding love with someone—that doesn't make you weak but human. With Harry, I feel strong, supported and independent. I can think on my own but I can also have a support system with me.

I may be a strong woman but that doesn't mean I don't want love or support. One thing Harry always taught me is that everything will be alright. No matter the dark times, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. With all this trauma we suffered through, there's always hope that one day we'll be alright.

"Harry, can I ask you a question?" I ask as I turn to face and drape my arm around his waist.

"Anything," he whispers as he intertwines our hands and places a lingering kiss on it.

"If we weren't famous, do you think we would've found eachother? Or if we did, do you think we could've loved eachother this much?" I ask.

"Do you believe in destiny?" He asks and I nod. "Well, I think that everything happens for a reason. All the events that happened led us to this moment here. I do wish things happened differently but what can I do? I don't have control over many things," he whispers as he releases a long sigh.

"You really think?" I say and he nods.

"But meeting you—even through the way we met, I don't regret it all. It turned out to be the best thing of my life," he continues. With that, I feel my heart swirl with a glow of happiness. I never knew I could love someone this much and I always thought couples were the worst but it turns out I was just wrong.

"I love you, to the stars and back," I whisper as I softly kiss his lips. Feeling his taste against me, I couldn't help but forget—forget about the cruelty of the world. However, my mind doesn't let me forget. "But how are we going to run away?" I ask as I let go of his lips.

"Well, remember the night where I asked you to run away with me?" He asks and I nod. "I called a guy because I had a feeling that this would be all a little too much. I just need to call him and we'll set up our fake deaths," he says. With that, my eyes widen in shock.

"Wait, what do you mean by fake deaths?" I ask.

"I mean, we're going to start a house fire, tip off the paparazzi and we'll escape without them noticing. It'll be all over the news. Plus, the house will burn to the ground so our fake skeletons won't even be found because they're practically dust," he says as he remembers the details of his phone call.

"Oh my God, this is crazy. When are we going to do it?" I ask as I hold my breath. I just couldn't believe I actually gave in. "Where are we even going to go?" I ask as I try to gather all the details I can. I can't just run away without a destination with my day old son.

"I was hoping you'll say that. I actually found a small town called Mahone Bay in Canada. The population is small and it's on the water— and before you ask, yes, there's a school, shops and all that crap we need," he quickly says as he holds his hands up to stop me.

With a deep release of my breathe, I nod. "Okay, Harry, let's do this. Call your guy—but what about the police? Won't they get suspicious that you've done something bad if you just run?" I ask as I raise my eyebrows.

"I know. I already thought about that. I've done nothing bad so I'll just talk to them, figure out the situation and then we can leave," he says as he intertwines our hands.

"Okay then, let's do this," I whisper as I kiss him once again.

(Hey lovelies! What did you think?)

~Love, Natalie