Chapter Eighteen

Starlette

It may of been incredible if my mind wasn't so occupied with every living creature out here. Take that spider for example. With it's large and hairy legs to its eyes, I definitely think it had it out for me by the way it looked at me.

"What do you think?" Harry asks as he looks over to me. I look back at the tree house and see it hang on a large tree with branches scattered around and the wood withering away slowly. "My dad and I made it when I was fourteen—it's been years since then but I always come here to just think," he explains as he gazes at his childhood memory.

I realise that I never knew anything about Harry's personal life. I was too busy involved in his business life and trying to ruin that. Looking into that, I could see the heartbreak within his cheutreuse green irises. "Harry, tell me about your dad," I say as I hold his arm. I didn't want to push him if he didn't want to talk but I was also very curious.

Grabbing my hand, he doesn't hesitate to pull me along to a ladder that leads into the place. "Go on, I'm right behind you," he ushers without answering my question. Focused on my promise, I don't push him any further. I grab the wooden ladder and climb until I land onto the floor of the tree house. "Get your fat ass out of my face," I hear him grumble as he pushes me up with his hand.

"Hey, last time I remember, you liked this fat ass," I snap as I stand up from the ground. I wipe away excess dirt and look around to see a large window with sunlight seeping in and furniture such as a couch facing the window and a few more things scattered around. Dust covers it and I sneeze a few times.

"Sorry about the mess, I haven't been here since your sorry ass came into my life," he chuckles as I glare at him. "What? You're a handful," he flinches as I slap him. "See?" He turns around and flops onto the couch with a thud and I see dust float into the air.

"You see this window? What can you see?" He asks as he stares into the woods. I take a seat beside him and stare outside with him. My eyes scan every detail as I take in the beauty of the emerald green trees with birds flying.

"I see...trees and birds. Why?" I ask.

"When I come here, it's sort of a TV for me. It's my entertainment where I just stare into the world and realise how little you are compared to everything and how you can't control everything. This specific window makes me realise so many things by just thinking outside of your own little world," he explains as his eyes stay glued onto it.

I stare at his side profile—from his sharp jawline and nose to his long and curled eyelashes, I realise how beautiful he really is. And for the first time, I don't see his looks or bad boy persona but him—who he really is. It was like my judgement and eyes were clouded with a white fog but with this tree house and the silence around me, I can finally think clearly for once.

"Wow, that's deep," I awkwardly say.

He glances at me with a small grin. "You really are bad at deep talks, aren't you?" He says and I roll my eyes.

"Hey, it's not my fault. I just never had deep talks with anyone before. Whenever I'm with Alex or my friends, we're either plotting against you or doing some bad shit," I snap as I lean against the couch and cross my arms across my chest.

"Wait, so you've never done anything like this before? Just sit down and talk about life?" He says with bewildered eyes and I nod with a frown. Abruptly, I feel him move closer to me and our eyes meet. The intensity within this moment leaves me rattled to the bone and the oxygen leaves my lungs within seconds. "Then I want all your firsts to be with me," he whispers as he gazes within my eyes and places his hand onto my thigh.