Chapter Thirty-Three

Starlette

Leaving the house when millions are out to get you isn't the brightest idea. Maybe because it's the thought of being locked in the house for so long that made me realise I needed some fresh air away from everything.

Driving away from the house, I go past many houses and people walking their dogs in the neighbourhood until I reach the main street. I follow the street until I reach the shops lining up against it and a large shopping centre crowded with people coming in and out.

Parking the car, I slide my hair into Harry's pink beanie with my curls covering abit of my face and I drape over my oversized black coat to draw the attention away from my stomach. I used to know fashion before this pregnancy but now that all changed. I had to wear clothes to fit around my waist and I had to wear clothes that would cover my stomach.

"Just walk in and out. Nothing will happen," I mutter myself as I slide out of the car and lock it. Sauntering into the shopping centre, I stare down to the floor to avoid eye contact and quickly make my way to grab a drink; boost before I would go to Woolworths to shop.

I know—what kind of idiot goes back to the same place where her pregnancy got leaked and she got hurt, right? Well, I'm that idiot. Worst part is that I didn't even tell Harry I'm leaving since I didn't want to worry him when he was off doing some interviews about his album Fine Line.

Paying for my large Banana Buzz, I sip my drink as I make my way to Woolworths. I grab the trolley cart and amble inside, hoping that no one would recognise me. But you know how life can throw obstacles in your way? I guess this is one of it's way when a teenage girl walks into the junk aisle and gasps with wide eyes.

It seems way too much like deju vu.

Smiling tightly, I offer a small wave but what she does next takes me completely off guard. Stalking up to me, her eyes narrow and she clenches her jaw like I did something bad to her. "You're a complete bitch. I was aiming to go to Harry's concert and make him fall in love with me but you happened to snake your way in. And that child, you're probably claiming it's his when we know it's not," she snarls with a sarcastic nod and narrowed eyes.

"Uh, excuse me? Look here—"

"Oh my God, it's Starlette! She's Harry's girlfriend and the mother of his child!" A loud woman's voice screeches. Snapping my head to the right, I see a growing crowd beginning to walk in my direction and my eyes widen. Oh God, now I'm regretting even leaving that house—and Harry's going to be so mad at me.

Taking a few steps back in shock, I turn my back and try to run but it's not the easiest when you have a stomach of a cow. I fast walk away from them and take a turn to see more people coming in that direction. Hyperventilating, my eyes widen and I glance around desperately to find a way out. Doing the only thing I can—I call Harry quickly.

"Babe, are you okay? What's that noise?"

"Harry, I'm at Woolworths. I need your help, please. There's no way out and I'm surrounded with a screaming crowd. I'm so sorry!" I quickly say into the phone and I feel the tears stream down my rosy cheeks.

"You're what? You weren't supposed to leave the house without me!" He snaps. However, with a sigh, he agrees. "I'm coming," he says.

Hanging up the phone, I glance around the growing crowd that's slowly coming to me. I take a few steps back and without hesitation, I turn and rush to the front desk, asking for their manager. "Please, you have to help me!" I plead as I look back and see the crowd right behind me with their murderous eyes.