Chapter Fifteen

Starlette

One word—f*cken pissed. Okay, two words. I mean, didn't our little moments mean something to him or was I just a damn game? What the f*ck am I saying? I'm the one who wanted no strings attached or any involvement with him and suddenly I'm ready to claw the woman he's on a date with?

As I lay on the couch in front of the TV, I scroll through Instagram of all the latest details about who Harry is on a date with. My thumb flicks through every article and post and I realise I'm a damn stalker—like what the f*ck?

"Star, you've been on the couch for an hour. Get your lazy ass up and help us think about our new strike on Harry, okay?" Aurelia says as she flops onto the couch beside me and looks over onto my phones screen. To my damn luck, I happened to land on a smiling Harry and her eyes widen. "Do not tell me that's Harry Styles you're stalking," she shrieks as she takes my phone and looks through all the things I was just looking at.

"Okay...that's not Harry Styles," I hesitate as I reach over and try to take my phone back.

"It is! Like you've even liked photos of him smiling and concert ones too! Are you f*ken high or drunk right now? You're the one always plotting revenge and now this?" She says with venom laced within her voice and she gestures to his picture.

However, I realise she's right. I'm the one who's always plotting revenge and now I'm happily liking his photos and fan ones as well. Like, am I high or drunk right now because the old Starlette would've never done this before.

"I just happened to like them by accident!" I try to play it off but she narrows her eyes. "Or not?" I say with wide eyes and I lean back.

"Accident? So the last twenty photos are you hitting the like button by accident?" She booms as she scrolls through my liked list.

"Give me a break! I'm going through a psychotic break and liking his pictures prove that," I snap as I finally grab my phone.

"Hey, what's the commotion?" Ryder asks as he walks out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist and his curls dripping. At this stage, staring at him like that doesn't faze me—but with Harry...shut the f*ck up Starlette.

"Your bestfriend is liking Harry's pictures!" Aurelia shrieks and I see his eyes widen.

"I don't understand what's the big deal! I tell you what, I'm leaving. I've had enough of your outbursts," I snap as I jump off the couch.

"Wait, Star, I'm sorry," she says as she grabs my hand and I freeze. "I just don't want you making mistakes after everything we've been through. Just think of Alex and what he'll think if you choose Harry over him," she explains as she looks up into my eyes.

"I know where my job lies and I won't let some douche ruin that for me," I snap as I rip my hand away from her grip. I walk away without glancing back and slam the door on the way out. I understand my priorities and I don't need reminding on what I should do. I know my best friends care for me and want what's best for me but I don't need babysitters.

But with my stupidity, I realise I'm doing the things I shouldn't be doing. Somehow I find myself at the same exact restaurant that Harry and Rosalie happen to be. I scan the tables until my eyes land on them. With a laugh from Harry, I grab the first handsome stranger I could find and smile. With his oceanic blue eyes and wavey hair, I know that he's decent enough to make someone jealous.

"Can I help you?" He asks with a raised eyebrow. I remove my hand from his arm and take in a deep breath to prepare for this.

"Hey, I just wanted to say that you're really handsome and I couldn't let that go to waste. Care to join me for some lunch?" I ask a little too quickly as I bat my eyelashes innocently. I cringe to my words and my behaviour and I f*cken wonder why I'm going to these extremes for some man.