Chapter Twenty-Four

Harry Styles

I think I did a bad thing.

A very bad one at that too.

The desperate measures I tried to get Starlette and when she finally came to her senses, I pushed her away. Why did I decide to play the cat and mouse game? Why couldn't I man up?

To top it all off, I'm partying. I don't know why I decided to just let loose and party but I am. That's one of my bad habits—I party until I can't feel myself anymore. I get so drunk that the following morning my head pounds badly.

With the pounding music blasting in my ears, I feel two girls grind against my body. Their bodycon dresses hug their curves and I feel every part of their skin dancing along mine. People around me twirl with their partners or strangers to the loud music and they take swings of their own red plastic cups of alcohol.

My hands grip the blonde's waist tightly and I take a swing of my alcohol in my hand. Her ass works it's way on my crotch and I groan. I hated how I decided to let loose and be with some strange women instead of my own. I wanted to be with Starlette but I hated how she treated me—I deserved better than her. Or did I really? What if she was the one for me?

The smell of sweat and alcohol drift to my nostrils and I feel the burning sensation burn down my throat. I know I wouldn't remember this moment in the morning—I'm sure. I'm way too hammered to remember the two women all over my body—kissing and grinding while I down my alcohol drink.

"Let me take you home," the blonde whispers in my ear and I turn to meet her blue eyes. I sway to the liquid intoxicating my blood and I nod without another thought. I don't know what came over me but without hesitation, I grab her hand and pull her away from the club. I take her away into a taxi and I feel her climb over me as she finally sits beside me.

Everything remains a blur as one second she's beside me and the next she's cradling me. Her hands roam my body as her lips leaves kisses. I sink into her touch but I don't find the pleasure like I did with Starlette. Whatever this random woman is doing to me, I couldn't feel the spark or chemistry like I did with Star.

"I think that's enough," I groan as she tugs on my belt. She leans back, her blonde hair falling around her faces' frame and she stares at me bewildered. "Get the f*ck off me," I snap as I push her back onto her seat once again.

"Baby, why so rude? I thought you liked it," she bats her fake lashes but I roll my eyes. I feel her hands grip my biceps and I take in a deep breath as I try to calm myself down and adjust my dick once again. I don't know what came over me but I sure didn't want this now.

"I rather not disturb the driver," I try to make an excuse. "We'll finish it when we get home," I say as I lean back onto my seat once again.

"Oh, so we're not finished?" She smirks. I shake my head as I turn to meet the world. I feel her hand grip my thigh and make it's way onto my dick but I push her away again. "Oh come on, I want you to feel good," she whispers as she leans against my ear and places a small kiss onto my neck.

"And...now that's where I draw the line. I'm taking you home, blondie," I snap. I tell the driver where she lives but she tries to object. "I said I'm taking you home. I don't want you," I snarl as I lean over her and open the door. She looks over to me and pouts with her crimson stained lips. If this was the old me, I would've took her home and f*cked her but this is the new me and I want only one person.

She whimpers as she slides out of the car and the driver drives me home once again. I sigh as I look into the world and my mind wanders to what the one person I'm in love with is doing. Could she be watching TV with her bestfriends while she laughs? Or could she be sleeping with her soft snores? What is it like to sleep beside her and cuddle her endlessly?

My heart throbs as I feel the alcohol take over my system and I squeeze my eyes shut. I sure as hell did regret drinking that much. I couldn't even get her out of my head and that was my purpose of drinking. I wanted to clear my mind and dance with random people and take girls home without a person lingering my mind.

What was I doing? Why am I picking up the phone and dialling her number? Am I seriously drunk dialling her at five thirty in the morning once again? Am I seriously not okay? But what really takes me off guard is when she answers the phone with her soft voice.

"Hello?" She whispers tiredly.

"Heyy, baby. How you doing?" I slur.

"Harry? Are you seriously drinking now? Where are you?" She asks quickly.

"Why the hell do you care? You're the one always pushing me a-away. Don't you love me like I love you?" I slur as my voice cracks.

"Baby, please don't say that. I- I can't break you like that or even say it when you're drunk. I want you to remember it when I say it," she says with urgency lingering in her voice.

"You don't care about me—you never have. I don't know why you're always on my mind. You've treated me so badly-"

"Harry, please-" she cries softly.

"But I still come running back to you. You're always on my mind from the second I wake up to the last moment before I sleep. I wish you can just love me like I love you. I hate how I love the wrong people, Starlette," I whisper.

"But Harry, I do-"

"But you don't. Your actions are louder than your words, Star. You've shown me how much you hate me instead of loving me. I'm sorry I even called—I don't know why I drunk called you," I whisper as my voice cracks at the end.

"Where are you, Harry?" She asks softly.

"At home," I say and she hangs up. And that's what I hate the most. She leaves me in real life and she hangs up the phone like I mean nothing. I'm alone and she will never be there.

Stumbling into my home, I fall onto my couch. Everything within my mind is blurry and I can hardly remember our conversation. What really annoyed me was how I wanted people that I could never have. We're just two ghosts trying to reach eachother but could never touch.

What really catches my attention is the footsteps thumping on my wooden floorboards. Looking up, I see her. I see her long chestnut curls are fuzzed up and tired blue eyes with bags underneath. Her watermelon pjs hug her body and she stares down at me with uncertainty but with hope. "Starlette? Is this a dream?" I whisper as I sit properly on my couch and rub my temples.

"I love you, Harry, to the stars and back."

(Hey lovelies! What'd you think?)

~Love, Natalie