safe with him.

"hey, y/n" he said, he tilted his head to the side smiling. i stood still. i couldn't do anything. "i see you moved on." he said staring at me. i kept silent. "sorry." he said. "sorry?" i said in a low voice. i didn't want to breakdown in front of him. "why are you here, kazutora." i said trying to keep my cool.

"you don't have to act ok y/n. it's just me." he said looking at me. he knew exactly how to read me and i used to know how to read him, but he's different. i didn't like this kazutora. "and what happened to kazu?" he asked. "shut the fuck up. we aren't friends and we are sure as hell are not together, so drop the act and leave." i said seriously.

"just let me talk to you. please y/n. i didn't come here to fight with you." he said. the truth was i do miss kazutora, but just as a friend. i missed being around him, and being able to tell him anything without any judgment. he was my best friend. it hurt but he needed to go.

"leave." i said sternly. he stood there he looked sad. "y/n.. plea-" "no. goodnight." i said walking past him unlocking my door. he just stood there. i walked in my apartment and closed the door behind me, locking it. i walked into the house feeling numb and tired. i went to my room to sleep it off, i changed and got into bed staring at the wall.

i hated the way he showed up like that. he wasn't supposed to have my address, this wasn't supposed to happen anymore.

i couldn't sleep that night so i decided to go somewhere. i put on some sweatpants and a zip up jacket, some converse, i grabbed my phone and left the house. i looked like a mess though. huge eye bags, and i don't have the energy to put on my happy resting face, so i look mad.

as i was walking down the stairs my neighbor chifuyu was going up them. i looked at him for a spilt second and looked away. he did the same. he must have read my face, and i'm relieved that he didn't talk to me or ask questions on why i looked so messed up.

****

at this point i didn't try to hold it in anymore. i let my emotions roam free when i reached my spot. it was a quiet bridge with a huge river under it. you could hear cars in the background and the city life, but it was quiet enough to think. i could listen to the water and let go.

i sat on the railing of the bridge leaning on a bar holding it up. i cried silently. until i was ok enough. my phone went off with a text, it said 'mikey<3' but i was sure i never put his name as that. i opened the text.

mikey<3:
stay where you are.

y/n:
huh? what are you talking about mikey?

mikey<3:
i'm coming to where you are.
so wait for me okay?

y/n:
wait why?
are you ok?
and did you change your name on my phone?

mikey<3:
maybe😁
i'll be there in 5.

i stared at my screen confused, why was he coming to meet me? how did he have my location? it's not like i told him i was sad or anything, i didn't tell anyone actually, and i didn't tell him where i was either.

i heard roaring of a motorcycle and i knew it was him. i was kind of happy to see his face at this time. i wanted to see that smile he gave everyone. he got off his motorcycle, and walked over to me. i just remembered what i looked like... and by now my eyes are all puffy and red and i'm sniffling and my voice sounds like i just woke up.

"how'd you know where i was? and why are you here?" i asked him as he was walking over to me. "what's wrong?" he asked completely ignoring my questions. "what do you mean i'm fine." i said awkwardly chuckling trying not to make eye contact with him.

he grabbed my chin to make me look at him directly in the eyes. "have you been crying y/n?" he asked in a worried tone. "uh no i got soap in my eyes earlier." i said trying to convince him. "don't lie to my face like that." he said sternly. "yeah! i've been crying my eyes out! happy?" i said trying to control my emotions.

"why?" he asked. "some stupid guy." i said looking down. "who?" he asked, he looked serious and worried. "uh just a guy, it doesn't really matter anymore. can we just drop it?" i said smiling trying to hold back tears from spilling.

"y/n. look at me." he said softly. "why." i said not wanting to look at him, this was so embarrassing i really didn't wanna cry in front of him, in front of anyone. "please?"

i looked up into his eyes, his facial expression was soft, he looked like he actually cared. tears started to spill from my eyes, "i'm sorry-" i started to say. he hugged me. i felt so weak, so hopeless.

"it's ok." he said softly whispering into my ear. i laid my head down in the crook of his neck and started crying. his hug felt right, like i had known this hug my whole life. why did he care so much about me?

he pulled away from the hug and wiped my tears with his sleeve. "let's go get some ice cream." he said smiling softly. he grabbed my hand leading me to his motorcycle.

****

the time was 3:43am and me and mikey were getting ice cream after me breaking down, i feel so stupid now. but what's done is done. we parked at a ice cream place that was surprisingly open at this time. he parked very sloppy, and we got off and started walking to the ice cream place.

he slipped his hand into mine. my eyes widened a bit but went back to normal. i let his hand rest there, if i'm being fully honest it made me feel safer, he made me feel safer. we got into the ice cream place and started walking to where the windows of ice cream and the counter were.

our eyes lit up like little kids we looked at each other and back at the ice cream. "can i get a f/i(favorite ice cream) please?" i asked the worker. "and i'll get a chocolate ice cream, make those cones."he said rubbing circles on the back of my hand.

i was looking around the place there was a lot of pastel and light colors, it really fit for an ice cream place. before i knew it mikey had payed and dragged me over to a table with our ice cream. he gave me my cone.

i remembered that he had payed and felt bad. "what's wrong y/n?" mikey noticed the frown on my face. "i remembered that you payed and now i feel bad, i'll pay you back when we get to my house." i said smiling at him.

"it doesn't matter, i don't mind paying for you y/n." he said looking at me. "still paying you." i said quietly, i quickly changed the subject before he could protest, "i cant believe i'm out in public dressed like this." i said laughing a little. "you look fine." he flicked my head.

we ate our ice cream together, talking about random things. this felt nice, i wish this moment could last forever.

sorry if there's any mistakes <3. i checked one of my chapters and a typo said "jade green" I DIDNT EVEN KNOW HOW MY KEYBORD CAME UP WITH THAT???