animal shaped pancakes

A/N THIS IS JUST AN EXPLANATION: i want to start this chapter off by saying, i'm truly sorry i have been so careless with this story. a lot around me has been changing and a bit stressful, i have no excuse for not updating like i am supposed to the only reasons i do have is for how badly my mental health has been displaying itself. another it's very weird to say this but, my beloved friend has passed. it's weird because i didn't expect another death so close to the previous death that has occurred in my life. i'm not sure how many of you are actually taking the time to read this but if you are thank you, and thank you so very much for the amount of love and support i've gained from writing this so unbalanced story. i'm going to cut this short, so thank you and i am very truly sorry about this inconvenience.

"no you're doing it wrong mikey." i laugh to myself walking towards the stove mikey is cooking on. why'd i let him try to cook anyways, this is mikey we're talking about. "whattt??" he whines turning around to look at me with a spatula in his right hand.

"cant i just cook it like this???" he asks looking bummed out. i roll my eyes and laugh, "no i don't want crunchy pancakes sorry." i laugh to myself taking the spatula and hitting him with my hip to make him move to the side, he stumbles to the counter i bumped him into, "cant i just try one more timeee?" he says pouting.

"nope, go play with angel or something." i flip the pancake not giving him a single glance. "ughhhh whatever i didn't even wanna cook anyways." he walks out of the kitchen with his head staring up at the ceiling. "yeah right." i say grabbing some animal shaped cookie cutters out from the cabinet beside me, placing them on the counter.

i remembered something i had been putting off for a while now, something so awful that my own brain could not handle, and that something was.. doing laundry. "mikey," i start "we have to do laundry today." i say very bummed out. "who's we?!" he yells back from the living room. "we, is when WE decided to act like children and pour water and soap all over the kitchen floor." i say aggravated.

"can i at least spin in the dryer?" mikey asks army crawling into the kitchen with angel on top of his back. although this sight was funny, that was a stupid question, "you realize we have to go to a public laundry mat?" i say putting the pancake on a plate along with the others we had previously made.

"obviously?" he says with a confused face. "you're hopeless manjiro." i sigh turning off the stove blocking out the stereotypical blonde on the floor. (no hate against blondes<3) "what?! how so y/n?" he asks once again confused, while angel starts attacking his hair. i laugh, sometimes i think she can read my mind.

i grab the cookie cutters and start making mini pancakes with them. mikey gets up from the floor and peeks over my shoulder, "that's a good idea!" he says trying to take one of the mini cat shaped ones, until i slap his hand away. "it's actually not my original idea." i say still focusing on making the minis.

my mind then travels back to a happy but scarce time.

"zana what are you doing?" i ask trying to reach up to the counter bro was working on, i always used to call or think of him as bro because he was one of the closest things i had left to a brother, to a family too. "hey n/n, im making animal pancakes." he turns to me and picks me up setting me on the counter next to him.

"they're so cute!" i say smiling. "i know right? wanna be my taste tester?" he says holding a mini cat shaped pancake up to my face. "yeah!" i say taking a bite of the cats head laughing. "well?" he says tilting his head. i tilt my head as well, "they're amazing!" i say happily taking a bite of the rest of the pancake. "well you want a plate?" he asks smiling. "i would but, do we have enough?" i ask.

"i mean counting kaku too." i finish. "don't worry about us, we can always go and get some more." he says with a reassuring smile plastered on his face. "you can "go get it", as in bullying?" i ask concerned. "we won't get hurt, i promise." zana says making me a plate. "you better not or i'll beat the shit out of both of you." i say taking the plate out of his hands jumping off of the counter.

zana laughs and then realizes what i had just said, "y/n i thought we talked about those words?!" he says annoyed. "stop acting like i'm a little girl!" i say back. "but you're only five!" he retorts. i only huff and bite into my dog shaped pancake, like he doesn't cuss either?!

we lived in an orphanage at the time, but it was mostly run by izana and kakucho, we didn't really have a caretaker there, just someone who paid the bills and every once in awhile dropped off food. i was grateful for the two boys, i hope they're doing okay to this day.

a tear almost slips away, but i play it off by acting like something was in my eye, and slide mikey the plate. he was very satisfied with the mini animal shaped pancakes, it made me happy.

-
sorry this was so short and sloppy, i really just wanted to get this out. i love you all thank you for all of your support<3. i'll try to update this weekend lovely's, and by the way happy new years!!!