laundry day

"this is too heavy y/nnnn." mikey dragged out my name walking behind me. "i thought a gang leader would be all scary, and strong, instead you're a short, little baby crying over carrying a basket of clothes. interesting." i say holding a bag of unwashed towels.

"says you, all you're holding is a bag of dirty towels!" he pointed out grunting behind me. "i guess i'm the man in the relationship, huh?" i then quickly realize what had just slipped out of my mouth so causally, but before i could reply to my own comment, "if it means i actually get to call you my wife, i don't have a problem with being a woman, Mrs.sano." he said smiling to himself.

i let out one little laugh, shocked by what he had just said, it took me a second to retaliate. "i'll take you're silence as a yes to my marriage proposal." he spoke. this man, this man. i sigh, accepting the smile that has been trying to creep up on my face for the past minute now or so now. "you know i didn't mean to say that, right? and we can't even get legally married even if we wanted to, Mr.sano." i laugh smiling way more than i usually do in a situation like this.

"who said it had to be legal, y/n?" he laughed. i love his voice when he's smiling, or laughing, i can tell the difference so clearly. realizing what he had just said i spoke, "you mean like a fake wedding? or an actual illegal wedding?" i ask curiously. "so you do wanna marry me." he chuckles. "you're pushing it manjiro." i state secretly smiling like a clown.

"what? cant a guy dream?" he begins, "but if i'm being for real, a fake wedding." he finishes. i start to think about what my idea of a fake wedding looks like. "cmon y/nnn, it'll be fun! i promise!" he says in his upbeat, cheery smiling voice. "well.. can we go thrifting for a tuxedo and a wedding dress?" i ask.

"whatever you want, love." he says smiling. the word 'love' has always been a bad thing to me, nothing beneficial about it. i've kept that as the definition for love in my agenda for as long as i can remember. but for some reason, anything that comes out of his mouth sounds like the hidden, beautifully wrapped, definition of love i've been searching for my whole life.

and now when i hear him call me 'love' i get happy, and overly excited. it feels like he has changed my whole agenda of words, and converted them into something divinely beautiful, something i thought i could never even touch, let alone look at. is this real though? maybe i'm in a romantic wattpad book, who knows?

"okay then, let's get married mikey." i look back at him smiling. he looked as if i had flashed him or something, it was hilarious. "of corse, y/n." he says with what looks to be an uncontrollable smile. i wish i could stay walking on this side walk with him forever.

****

"hey! put that down you perv!" i yell at mikey grabbing my bra out of his hands. "so you like victoria secret? i'll keep that in mind." mikey says grabbing one of my shirts putting it in the washer. "maybe i shouldn't marry you." i say grabbing a towel putting it into the washer beside mikey's. "i was suggesting buying some bras or something like that for you? now who's the real perv here y/n?" he laughs.

"you just wanna know my bra size, that is such an obvious cover up, you perv." rolling my eyes continuing to load the washer. "hey, i'm not the one who wears victoria secret... scandalous." mikey says whispering the word 'scandalous'. "i bet you wear walmart cartoon boxers, you're no better than me." i say trying to hold back my laughter.

"no i don't!" he remarks. i start laughing, "yeah, right. i totallyyyyyy believe you." i close the washer door and put in the cycle i usually do for my towels. (i have no real idea how to do laundry sorry if this is inaccurate💀.) "i don't, i actually wear calvin klein." he saying holding his head up high, finishing loading his washer.

"but the majority of the time it is cartoon boxers." he sighs. i start laughing even harder, "you just dug yourself a hole you can't ever get out of." i say through my laughs. "what?! don't tell anyone that!!" he starts nagging me. i see guy maybe in his late 30s loading a washer with clothes while we had just sat down, he's bent over with his butt crack showing. i start unintentionally laughing, "hey mikey....." i say laughing.

"what?!" he answered still mad about the boxers incident. all i do is point at the guys butt and mikey goes mad with laughter, kicking his feet and everything. "shhh!" i say trying to stop my uncontrollable laughter as well. "but, HAHA BUTT!" he says realizing what he had just said.

the butt crack guy turns around slowly and looks at us. i instantly try to cover up my laughter, i kick mikey's leg for him to stop but he doesn't, and the way this guy turned around and looked at us was PRICELESS. i burst out with laughter, still trying to control it, but not being able to one bit.

the guy only grunts, pulls up his pants, and mutters some curse words. we still couldn't stop laughing, if anything it made us laugh even more.

****

after two long hours of doing laundry, walking back to my apartment while carrying my laundry, we were finally at my apartment door. "that took forever." mikey says sighing as i unlock my door. "it probably wouldn't have taken so long if a certain somebody didn't forget to get gas for his, oh so beloved motorcycle." i say walking in the door carrying the bag of now clean towels.

"it just slipped my mind, not my fault." he says carrying in the laundry basket of clean clothes. "if it slipped your mind then it is your fault, idiot." i say falling face first onto my couch. mikey falls onto my back, "so what now?" he mumbles into my back. "that tickled." i say opening my eyes.

he then starts humming into my back, he's such a child. i jump up, "i was relaxed you know!?" i say aggravated. "more couch for me." he says smiling. an idea randomly pops into my mind, "i have an idea, we can go on top of the roof!" i say excitedly wanting to go up there again. "the suns setting too! it'll be pretty!" i grab his arm trying to pull him off of the couch.

"cmon mikeyyyyy! it'll go down soon!" i say still pulling on his arm. he snatches his arm back and i fall onto my butt, "WOWWWW!!" i say offended, he starts laughing. i walk over to him, face my back towards him, and jump sit on his back. there was a hitch in his laughing. i got up and started running to my balcony, when i got out there i did what i usually did to get up there.

mikey surprisingly got up faster than i had originally expected. i got an idea to mess with him, so i executed it. i acted like i was about to fall, mikey was sitting on the roof because he had just gotten up. when he realized i was about to "fall", he grabbed my hand, and pulled me forward, making me fall onto his chest. he wrapped his arms around me tightly, "i'm so glad you're okay y/n." i could feel how fast his heart was beating, he actually cared.

"please don't go up here without me anymore." he says in a concerned voice. i was still from shock. he unwraps his arms from around me and pulls me up by my shoulders, "promise." he says sternly. i let out a single laugh, "i love you, manjiro." i say smiling warmly towards him, i couldn't push him away anymore.

he pulls me into a kiss. when he kisses me i feel so complete, just being around him makes up for all of the horrible times in my life, i want this to last forever, i want us to last forever. after he pulls away from the kiss and stares at me with the warmest look on his face, and the softest look in his eyes.

"i love you, y/n."

then we watched what was left of the sunset, together.

IM SO GLAD I FOUND THE MOTIVATION TO WRITE SO MANY IDEAS GO THROUGH MY HEAD EVERY MINUTE FOR THIS STORY. but i want to update so much more and i'm really trying to!!! all of you are so supportive and loving, i am truly grateful for each and every one of you MWAH! i hope this chapter isn't too bad🤞 SORRY IF THERES ANY MISTAKES!! LOVE YOU ALL GOODBYE<3!!