running from the cops.

"you're such a jerk! drive slower!" i yell over the overwhelming wind created by mikeys motorcycle. "fine, i'll slow down for my beloved future wife." mikey said laughing while slowing down. "well if you keep going that fast we won't have a future, plus why would i marry you of all people?" i say lifting my head looking over mikeys shoulder.

"well, you sure kiss me like you want to." mikey said parking at a dinner. "if i were to marry you, where would it be?" i ask getting off the bike. he looked a little puzzled, "i wouldn't care, as long as i get to call you my bride." he says with a warm smile. his smile is contagious sometimes i swear, "you really think we'll know each other that long?" i ask walking with mikey towards the dinner door.

"are you worried we won't?" he asks opening the door to the dinner, holding it open for me. "maybe just a bit." i say under my breath walking in. mikey grabs ahold of my hand, "don't be." he smiles walking us towards a booth in the back. we sit down and the waitress tells us to hang on for a bit. for a dinner at night theres a good amount of people.

i look around, theres two cops sitting 2 booths ahead of us, two teenage girls sitting at a table beside us staring at mikey, a lady that looks to be in her early 30's minding her own business at the front of the dinner drinking a cup of coffee, and an old man reading a newspaper at the bar by the cash register.

"are you really looking at old people again?" mikey laughs. "no i was not, you asshole." i reply back looking away from the old man reading a newspaper. "looked like you were." he says looking at the ceiling. i ignored his annoying words, and looked over at the two girls who were giggling and whispering to each other looking at mikey. i was just hungry but now i feel hangry, not a good match.

they look over at me, look me up and down, and give me the shittiest look i've ever seen on a human beings face. why cant i ever just have a nice moment in a cafe or dinner, theres always something, or someone blocking me from that graceful feeling of peace in eating places. they looked at mikey like they had never seen a man in their entire life's, it pissed me off, a lot.

i turn away and look out of the window, theres cars passing by, and some people on the sidewalks. while i'm staring out of the window i see a couple walk by, there was a woman with h/l h/c hair, she was a little bit shorter than the man walking beside her. the man had black short hair with a middle part from what i could see, he also had a tattoo on his neck, but i couldn't fully make out what it was exactly.

within the blink of an eye, they're gone. what? gone? but how, they were just there a second ago? i try to blink again with the hope that maybe, just maybe they'll appear once more, but no. they're gone. maybe i'm just a lunatic... i turn to face mikey, he was looking out the window like me, we both make eye contact. i wonder if— "hello! i'm so sorry for the wait, what can i get to drink for the both of you?" the waiter asks smiling.

"oh can i get a f/d, thank you." i say trying to ignore the death stares i'm getting from the two very obvious jealous girls. the waitress turns to mikey, "and you?" she asks. "a sprite, thanks." mikey replies quickly. the waiter gives us each a menu, "alrighty, i'll be back with your drinks in a bit!" she smiles walking away. i open the menu and start browsing for something that looks good, a meal i can pass out to when we get back to his house.

mikey however, is building a castle out of the condiments on the table. i flick the sugar tower, making it collapse, and in that second it looked like mikeys heart might have collapsed too. "oh come on it's sugar packets." i sigh opening up his menu, trying to get him to make up his mind before the waitress comes back. he still has the dramatic, shattered look on his face.

i forgot i was dealing with a child. i grab his hands, "we can build one together, if you decide what you're going to eat." i say smiling. his eyes light up, he quickly pulls his hands out of mine, and starts flipping through the menu. "you're the best y/n!" he smiles brightly. i feel a pair of confused, and angry eyes on me, knowing who's they were. i turn over to the pair of snarky stuck up pick me's, smile widely, and stick my oh so loved middle finger up.