Chapter 2

A little boy ran around an old field holding a cardboard sword. A few feet behind, a little girl. The boy stopped and hit the grass with his sword. His dog tail swung back and forth as the little fox caught up to him.

"We got 'em!" The dog called.

"Got who?" The girl mumbled.

"The enemy!" He pointed at the grass he'd just hit.

"But that's just grass,"

"Whatever! That's not the point!" The two ran around a bit more before one of their mother's called them back. They ran to a couple of cottages sitting on a dirt road in the forest. Their mother's sat outside one house talking. When the fox got closer, her mother gasped.

"Samantha!" She yelled. "What did I tell you about wearing those clothes?" The fox looked at her clothing. A t-shirt and shorts covered in dirt. There were scrapes on her legs and arms.

"Come, come," The mother grabbed her daughter's hand. "Let's get you cleaned up."

-

Samantha walked out of the house wearing a dress. The little boy was sitting on the porch with his mom. He looked at the little girl and frowned.

The two ran off into the little boy's house.

"I hate this dress," Samantha mumbled.

"Here," The dog gave Samantha a bag of clothes. "I don't wear them anymore." The little girl took the bag and smiled.

"Thanks Denis."

【┘】

"Careful!"

"I'm being as careful as I can, Sub!" Denis lowered a small knife.

"How the hell do you not have scissors!" Sub called. He spun around, a chunk of his hair cut out.

"I'm trying my best," Denis playfully crossed his arms and turned away. Sub sighed and turned back to face the mirror.

"Fine," Sub mumbled. "But if I'm missing an ear by the end of this you're dead!"

Denis smiled and went back to working on Sub's hair. By the end of it, Sub looked like he hadn't brushed his hair in months.

"Ta-da!" Denis cheered. Sub stared at himself in the mirror. He smiled and turned around to hug Denis.

"Thank you," Sub whispered.

"No problem buddy," Denis smiled and his tail wagged. "Let's go downstairs and get something to eat."

-

Denis was at the stove making grilled cheese sandwiches while Sub was getting plates and silverware. He placed the items on the table and sat down.

Denis came over a few seconds later and placed the sandwiches on their plates. He sat down across from Sub and stared at him. He couldn't help but smile.

"What?" Sub said.

"I've never seen you like this," Denis stared down at his hands. "Are you happy with it?" Sub stayed silent for a second. He touched his hair and smiled.

"Yes," He mumbled. "Very."

.

.

.

(short chapter srry)