Chapter 21

20 years later

Alex walked through the palace. He reached a large open room. Inside, the sound of little children playing filled the air.

Alex laughed and walked over to the four kids. He picked one of them up and lifted her in the air.

"Ah! The monsters got me!" She yelled. Alex laughed and put her on his shoulders. She smiled and wrapped her arms around Alex's head.

"Uncle Alex, you interrupted our game!" One of the kids whined. Alex rolled his eyes.

"Dinner's almost ready. Your parents asked me to come get you all." The kids all protested.

Another man walked in. He had red hair and was fairly tall. He walked up next to Alex and put his hand on his shoulder.

"Hey honey," The man mumbled and kissed Alex's cheek.

"Ewwwww!" All the children yelled. Alex laughed again.

"Hey Jack," Alex smiled. "Can you help me get them to the dining hall?" Jack nodded and picked up one of the younger kids. He and Alex held the other two's hands.

They went to the dining room and the kids ran over to their parents. Two ran over to the head of the table where Denis sat. He kissed the top of both of their heads and they sat next to their mother, Gabby.

One of them ran over to one of the knights. The knight picked him up and smiled.

"Where's papa?" The boy asked. The door opened and Sub walked in. He went over to the knight and gave him a quick kiss before taking the boy.

"Sweetie, go get changed." Sub smirked and the knight rolled his eyes.

"I was waiting for you," He said before walking out. Sub sat down at the table next to the boy. Alex and Jack sat down as well, their daughter in between them.

After all the children had finished their dinner, they ran through the castle to the back. They ran out onto the grass. A fence lined the property. They ran up to the fence and looked out at the woods.

"Let's go back there!" Denis's son called.

"Nathan! We're not allowed to!" Alex's daughter replied.

"You don't need to come with me Susie. I'll take Ani with me." Nathan pulled his sister towards him.

"Hey! I never agreed to this!" She crossed her arms and pouted. Nathan rolled his eyes and looked at Sub's son.

"Apollo? Will you come with me?" He asked. Apollo shook his head.

"Are you crazy?" He laughed. Nathan sighed and began climbing the fence.

"Fine! I'll go by myself!" He jumped down onto the rough ground. He smirked and turned to the others. "See? I'm fi-" A crack was heard. Nathan quickly turned back around to where the sound had come from.

"Who's there! Show yourself!" He yelled. There was a sound from the bushes. They shook and something popped out.

A small dragon. They ran up to Nathan, their tail swinging back and forth. Nathan covered his face.

"Please don't hurt me!" He cried. The dragon titled their head. They went up to Nathan's leg and rubbed against it, purring. Nathan relaxed and patted the dragon's head.

He climbed back over with the dragon. "Look at 'em! They're so cute!" Susie pointed back at the forest.

"Look!" Another dragon came out from the trees. They climbed over the fence and smiled at the little dragon rolling in the grass next to Ani's foot.

They laid down to let the children understand that they weren't there to hurt them. Two other dragon's came out from the forest.

One seemed much older than the other. Susie went up to the dragon that laid on the ground. She climbed onto their back and hugged them.

"They look like the painting in my daddy's room! I think their name was Elijah!" She cheered. The dragon stood up. They flapped their wings and held onto Susie. They shot up into the air and hovered next above the ground.

"Wow!" Susie called. Elijah looked at the window next to them. Alex stood there, shocked. Elijah flew back down.

"Ooo! Me next me next!" Apollo called. 

"No! I want to go!" Ani shoved her cousin aside. The kids began to argue over who got to go next. Elijah went over to the little dragon, who laid upside down.

They picked up their child with their teeth and walked over to the other dragon that seemed around their age.

Elijah pressed their head into the other dragon's neck and purred. The little one climbed onto the other dragon's head and snuggled up in between their horns.

Elijah looked back at the castle one last time. Sub, Denis, and Alex stood there. Elijah walked over. They all looked different now. More grown up.

Elijah saw the ring that allowed them to talk to Alex on his finger. He also had another ring. That one had a small diamond on it.

"I'll come visit. Don't worry." Elijah laughed. Aakill walked up next to Elijah, followed by the other two dragons.

The little one ran over and climbed up Elijah's back. The other dragon lowered their head to bow, noticing the crown that sat on Denis' head.

"Who's this?" Alex asked, pointing to the other dragon.

"I'm Mokor," They said. "And this is our hatchling Henshu." The little dragon popped up from Elijah's head, hearing their name.

"You have a family?" Alex smiled. Elijah nodded.

"I'm assuming the little girl with pigtails is yours. And have some explaining to do. Who gave you that ring?" Elijah pointed at the diamond ring on Alex's finger.

"I'll explain on Christmas." Alex smirked. Elijah rolled his eyes.

"You're going to make me wait that long?"

"It's only a month away and you made me wait 20 years to see you again." Elijah laughed.

"See you Christmas then," Elijah went up to Alex and hugged him before walking off into the forest again.

.

.

.

The End :]