Chapter 18

TW: Sexal assualt

Alex walked down the hall, neatening his suit collar. The king had left clothing in the rooms for them to change into for dinner. Alex knocked on Sub's door. He opened it but without the big smile he had before. Sub still wore his dirty worn out clothes.

"Why aren't you ready?" Alex asked. Sub stepped aside and let Alex in. He went over to the closest and opened it.

Inside was a ball gown. The upper half of the dress was white with beads that laced the sides. The sleeves were slightly transparent. They stuck out at the shoulder and loosely went down to the wrists. The chest area was slightly revealing, with a small slit that went down the middle.

The waist was tight and transitioned to the bottom half of the dress. It was a long layered light blue that went down to the ankles. Below where the dress hung, white heels sat on the ground.

Alex looked back at Sub, who looked very uncomfortable at just the thought of wearing the dress.

"There's nothing else for me to wear," Sub mumbled. "I asked a knight. He said they don't have anything else."

The room stayed silent for a moment. Sub went over to the dress and took it off the hanger.

"I'll just wear it," He went into the bathroom. Alex sat on the bed and pushed the curtains to the side.

Sub came out soon. He had one hand trying to cover as much of his chest as possible. The other wrapped around his waist to cover his hourglass figure.

Alex walked over and took off his suit jacket, leaving him with his white collared shirt and vest.

He put the jacket on Sub and helped button it to cover up his friend. Sub smiled at Alex and they began walking towards where they were told the dining hall was.

Denis sat at the table in a suit. He looked up at the others and sighed. He stood up and hugged Sub.

"How bad is it?" Denis asked. Sub slightly unbuttoned the jacket to show the full dress to Denis. He shook his head and Sub buttoned it again.

They sat down and chatted while waiting for Elijah and the king to arrive. Soon the doors opened again.

The king walked in with two knights, Elijah beside him. Elijah went over to Alex and sat next to him.

They were wearing clothing similar to the night of the party, only with far more jewels. Each time they moved, a soft clink was heard.

The king sat down and raised his hand. Butlers and maids came into the room with platters of food. They placed the plates in front of the guests.

A separate plate was placed in front of Elijah. The king looked at them and smiled.

"I had a deer hunted and prepared for you. I know the way you like it because of all those meetings." Elijah nodded in thanks.

Alex and Denis quickly began putting food onto their plates and eating. They haven't had a proper meal over the past few days.

Sub didn't touch anything. Denis finished chewing and tapped Sub's shoulder.

"Why aren't you eating anything?" He asked.

"I can't breathe in this damn dress let alone eat." Sub replied. Moving in his seat to get more comfortable.

"Do you want me to loosen it for you a little?"

"And have my boobs pop out? Yeah no thanks." Denis rolled his eyes.

"You have to eat something." Sub reached out and grabbed a piece of bread. He bit into it and looked at Denis.

"Someone's cranky," Denis whispered, turning back to his food. The king wiped his face with a napkin and looked at the group.

"So. Tell me about where you've all been. You obviously have been in the forests, seeing how hungry you all are." The king laughed.

"We were in the forest for some time. We found an abandoned town we were going to stay at but my father found us there." The king raised his eyebrows and he lowered his fork.

"Which one? We have a few abandoned sections around the kingdom." He laughed. Denis shrugged.

"I'm not sure. There was this really tall tower though. It had a glass dome at the top." he king nodded. Elijah said something, but it only came out as rawrs. Alex looked at his hand.

"Oh shoot," He mumbled. "I took my ring off to change. I forgot to put it back on." The other two checked their accessories too.

"Us too." Sub said. Alex stood to go get them. The king raised his hand and shook his head.

"I'll have a knight go find them," One of the knights left the room. "Sit and finish dinner. You all need to eat."

Once everyone had finished, they began heading back to their rooms to sleep. Sub went to the bathroom first, leaving him alone. He walked down the empty hall. He held Alex's suit jacket in his hand. He planned to give it back to him in the morning.

Other footsteps were heard. Sub turned around, expecting to see Alex. Instead the king walked up next to him with a smile.

The king looked at Sub's short hair that Denis had cut with a knife a few months back. The king lightly touched it and sighed.

"Women these days keep cutting their hair so short." The king grumbled. Sub lightly push the king's hand away.

"I like it short." He said in a stern voice. "And I prefer not to be called a woman." The king raised one eyebrow and looked him over.

"Such a shame for someone with a body like yours." He looked at Sub's chest and waist. "I'm disappointed that the dress covers you so much."

"It's uncomfortable anyways." Sub rolled his eyes and stepped away, getting uncomfortable by where the king was looking. The king grabbed Sub's waist and pulled him closer.

"Then why don't you take it off for me~" Sub's eyes widened. The king began to drag him down the hall in the direction of his room.

The king opened the door and threw Sub onto the bed. Sub quickly kicked the king in the chin, the heel of the shoe leaving blood dripping down the king's neck.

Sub hastily stood up and ran out of the room. He ran down the hall to Alex's room and threw the door open.

Alex looked at his friend concerned. Sub slammed the door shut and leaned against it, his chest heaving up and down.

"Sub? What happened?" Alex stood up and went to comfort Sub.

"U-uhm," Sub flinched at Alex's touch. "I-I'll tell you later. C-can I sleep h-here tonight?" Alex nodded and got Sub a pair of pajamas to wear.

After Sub changed, he took a pillow and blanket from the bed. Alex had offered for Sub to sleep on the bed, but he refused.

Sub soon fell asleep on the couch. Alex went over to the dress to hang it up. He picked up the shoes and noticed the blood that stained the bleach white heel.

He looked back at Sub and remembered how he'd flinched before. Alex put the clothing away and sat on his bed, facing the door.

"Whoever the hell hurt him isn't getting in this room."

.

.

.