Chapter 8

"Mom! Mom!" Alex called, running into the living room. "Denis and Sub are here!" Mrs. Orman smiled.

"Well, why aren't you playing with them?" She asked. Alex sat on the couch.

"I didn't want to start the game without Elijah!" Alex explained. "Then we'd need to explain it to him, and-" He paused and looked around. "Where are they?" Mrs. Orman shifted and faced her son.

"Dad had to take them somewhere," Mrs. Orman said. "It's like a meeting." Alex looked at her, confused.

"A meeting? But why!"

"Elijah is the oldest one in the kingdom. "The king always checks in on them to make sure they're safe. They're very important to the kingdom." Alex nodded and sighed. Mrs. Orman lifted Alex's chin up.

"They'll be back shortly. Why don't you go play for now, and when they come back you'll play a different game." Alex nodded and ran off.

【┘】

"Elijah!" Alex put the tray down and ran over. Elijah laid passed out on the floor. Alex quickly checked their pulse to make sure they were still breathing.

He let out a sigh of relief and called one of the maids. Shana came running upstairs. She helped Alex get Elijah onto the bed.

"Send someone to get Mom and Dad from the party," Alex said. Shana nodded and ran off again.

Alex looked back at Elijah. He sighed and began taking some of the decorative jewelry off of them.

-

Alex stepped out of the room as his parents went in to check on Elijah. He saw Sub and Denis sitting in his room down the hall and walked over.

Denis seemed furious and Sub sat on the bed listening to Denis ramble on about something.

"What're you talking about?" Alex asked, closing the room behind him. Denis turned to him with an angry expression.

"Someone put something in Elijah's food!" Denis called.

"Denis, calm down." Sub mumbled. Alex walked over to Denis with a confused look.

"What do you mean?" Alex said.

"The king came over to our table looking for Elijah. We told him that they didn't feel well." Denis explained. "He got nervous and had someone check their food. They found something in it."

Alex's eyes widened. "What was it??" He called.

"They don't exactly know, but it's similar to a drug used to make people fall asleep." Sub said. "They checked all the other dragon's food thinking that someone was planning on stealing the jewels, but they didn't find anything." Alex sighed and sat down next to Sub. 

A maid came into the room. "Your parents would like to see you Alex." Alex nodded and left.

Alex opened the door and saw his mother sitting on the bed next to Elijah. His father was closing the curtains and windows.

"You needed me?" Alex mumbled. Mrs. Orman turned to him and nodded. There was silence for a moment.

"We're going to send Elijah to stay at the castle once they wake up." Mr. Orman said, facing away from Alex.

"What? Why!?" Alex called and walked over to his father. Mr. Orman turned to him.

"We think they'll be safer there," He explained. "We can have Denis watch them." Alex stood there, silent. He glanced over at Elijah. Mr. Orman sighed and went to leave.

"No." Alex said. Mr. Orman turned back around.

"What?" He mumbled.

"I said no," Alex went up to his father. "They're not leaving this house! They've been safe here for decades!"

"What about  your siblings?" Mr. Orman scoffed.

"Allan!" Mrs. Orman yelled angrily. Alex clenched his fist.

"You didn't do shit besides hide in the basement!" Alex called. "Elijah was the one that had to fight three grown men alone, while being the size of a 7 year old!"

"Nothing?! I saved your life!"

"Really? I don't remember. Oh right, because you let someone smash my head into fucking concrete!"

"That's enough!" Mrs. Orman screamed, pushing the two away from each other. "The two of you! What's gotten into you both?!" Alex and Mr. Orman stared at each other.

"I'll be in my room," Alex left the room, slamming the door behind him.

.

.

.