Chapter 4

TW: Violence(Blood)

-------------------------------

(This is all in the past)

Footsteps were heard from upstairs. Mrs. Orman smiled and walked up the stairs. She went over to a door decorated with colorful drawings and stickers. Mrs. Orman softly knocked on the door before opening it.

"What are you four up to?" She laughed.

"We're playing dress up!" April called. She pointed to Elijah sitting next to her. Elijah's hair was messily braided with bright clips in it. They had a bright pink dress with sequins all over it and makeup splattered all over them.

Elijah looked up at Mrs. Orman, smiling.

"Oh sweetie, they look very pretty, but I need to get them cleaned up so makeup doesn't get stuck in their scales." Mrs. Orman said.

"But why! They look beautiful!" April hollered. Mrs. Orman smiled.

"It is but we don't want Elijah getting sick." April sat down on a bean bag and sulked. Mrs. Orman looked at the other two siblings. Alex was at the table holding a crayon. Peirce sat next to him, watching.

Mrs. Orman walked over and looked at the papers scattered on the table.

"That looks beautiful dear," Mrs. Orman placed a hand on Alex's shoulder. He looked up at her and giggled.

"Mommy! Mommy! Look at mine!" Pierce called and grabbed a paper off the table. He held it up high. Mrs. Orman looked at the scribbles of blue, purple, green, and red.

"Amazing Pierce." She smiled and lightly ruffed her son's hair. She heard a sneeze from behind her. Mrs. Orman turned and saw April putting more makeup on Elijah's face. She smiled and shook her head.

"Come on Elijah," Mrs. Orman laughed and walked out of the room, the dragon following behind her.

-

"There we go," A maid turned off the bath water and stood up. "Already miss. Nice and warm" Elijah went over to the bathtub and looked at his reflection in the clear water.

"Thank you Carrie," Mrs. Orman said. The maid bowed and left the room. "Ring that bell if you need something." Mrs. Orman pointed at a small golden looking bell. Elijah nodded and Mrs. Orman left.

-

Mrs. Orman walked through the hall holding a basket of clean laundry.

Ding

She stopped and looked in the direction of the bathroom.

Ding ding

Mrs. Orman walked over to the bathroom door, put the basket down. She slowly opened the door.

Ding ding ding ding

Elijah was on the floor fully dressed playing with the bell. Mrs. Orman laughed and walked over to them. She crouched down next to them and Elijah stood up. Mrs. Orman gently reached from their head and Elijah pressed their head against her hand.

Mrs. Orman scratched the top of their head for a few moments before standing up again. She opened the door and Elijah ran between her feet, out the door.

Elijah ran to the children's playroom and scratched at the door to make sure they were still there.

Pierce opened the door and smiled. Elijah went into the room and saw the other two sitting around a board with small little characters on it.

Alex patted the spot next to him and Elijah went over to sit next to him.

They examined the game for a bit, trying to figure out how to play it. One of the children rolled a die. They then moved that many spaces and either moved up the board or down. It had snakes and ladders.